Woolworths | DISPLAY PLANNER 2021
Ensuring that the Category Strategy is implemented and reflected on planograms in the most effective and visually appealing use of foods space by preparing, and/or maintaining store planograms, in adherence to display principles and maintaining chain store image.
- Ensure planograms continually match the store catalogue, the store meterage and the business blueprint layouts
- Creating planograms for new stores (or amending existing stores when new initiatives are introduced)
- Create and maintain model layouts per display groups/departments
- Capturing and tracking of all relevant info for new lines and seasonal launch products
- Ensure planograms are adapted to take account of changes in-store sales trends
- Build productive relationships with key stakeholders to ensure optimal process flow
- Participate in departmental meetings, range reviews & category assessments.
- Ensure that there are on-time launches and planogram downloads for Longlife windows.
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- 2-3 years of retail experience
- Good merchant & merchandising skills
- Store experience within a retail FMCG environment will be an advantage
- Understanding of space management principles and processes
- Understanding customer profiles, customer shopping behaviour & store formats and segmentation
- Understanding of basic business processes and how sales are generated
- Ability to analyse and interpret trends and impact of space planning on sales
- Ability to identify problems and to develop and implement a workable solution
- Ability to do detailed planning based on analyses – past and future events and ensure plans are followed through
- Computer literacy – Computer skills including spreadsheets, word processing and presentation packages
- Proactive, with the ability to anticipate events and plan for them
- Assertive communication skills
- Ability to be productive in a pressurised environment
- Adaptable – ability to adapt and change direction and focus quickly
- Team player – the willingness to adapt to team goals and work effectively with a group of colleagues in an interdependent way
- Ability to interact with various individuals on different levels i.e matrix team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – Ability to articulate ideas clearly
- Customer centred – Understanding “ Think Customer” first which ultimately affects the customer shopping experience. Willing to obtain, interpret and implement customer feedback
- Preference for working with detailed analytical tasks