WC SAPS | Internship Opportunities 2022
Closing Date: 12 November 2021
The South African Police Service hereby invites unemployed graduates who conform to the requirements for a twelve (12) months Graduate Recruitment Scheme at Province: Western Cape. The Graduate Recruitment Scheme is part of the National Human Resource Development Strategy and the National Skills Development Strategy.
- Be a South African citizen
- Must be in possession of National Senior Certificate or equivalent (NCV L4)
- Must have no previous criminal conviction(s) or case(s) pending
- Applicants must be unemployed, never employed in field of the advertised post and never participated in an internship programme in the relevant field of the post
- Applicants must be residents of the Province where the post is advertised (proof of residential address to be attached)
- Applicants are restricted to apply for only three (3) posts and complete a separate application form for each post reference number.
Intern categories with minimum requirements:
Graduate Intern: Tertiary Qualification is required
Student Intern: Practical experience required by the Tertiary Institution in order for learners to finalise their qualification (letter from the Institution not older than two (2) years must be attached).
NB: STIPEND FOR EACH CATEGORY WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE DIVISIONAL
COMMISSIONER HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT: SOUTH AFRICAN POLICE
SERVICE. The following posts are advertised for consideration in terms of the Graduate Recruitment Scheme in the South African Police Service.
|Administrative Graduate Intern (20 posts)
Section: Supply Chain Management Location Lansdowne SAPS Ref number: WC INT 01/2021
Paarl East SAPS WC INT 02/2021
Steenberg SAPS WC INT 03/2021
Hout Bay WC INT 04/2021
Woodstock SAPS WC INT 05/2021
Ocean View SAPS WC INT 06/2021
Mossel Bay SAPS WC INT 07/2021
Beaufort West WC INT 08/2021
Atlantis SAPS WC INT 09 /2021
Athlone SAPS WC INT 10/2021
George SAPS WC INT 11/2021
Ceres SAPS WC INT 12/2021
Elsiesriver SAPS WC INT 13/2021
Philipi East SAPS WC INT 14/2021
Grassy Park SAPS WC INT 15/2021
Stellenbosch SAPS WC INT 16/2021
Saron Saps WC INT 17/2021
Manenberg SAPS WC INT 18/2021
Prince Alfred Hamlet SAPS WC INT 19/2021
Provincial SCM WC INT 20/2021
- *Be in possession of a three (3) year National Diploma / Degree in Supply Chain Management / Logistics / Transport Management, recorded on the National Learner Record Database (NLRD) on at least a NQF 6 or higher level. Computer Literacy will be an added advantage.
- *Assist with: Monitoring, planning and executing both capital and repairs and renovation projects; *Conducting inspection to assess the conditions of building components such as mechanical components including building structural integrity and civil works; *Ensuring that the supplier database is maintained and suppliers are rotated; *Ensuring the National Transversal term contracts, Specific Period Contract and ad-hoc Contracts are maintained; Maintaining and preparing the invitation of price quotation for quotations applications are received; Ensuring that suppliers are paid on time; *Maintaining procurement of fleet management; *Management and administration of procurement, stocktaking, accounting and the disposal of movable fixed goods
| Administrative Student Intern (8 posts)
Location: Bishop Lavis SAPS Ref number: WC INT 21/2021
Wolseley SAPS WC INT 22/2021
Bellville SAPS WC INT 23/2021
Kuilsriver SAPS WC INT 24/2021
Manenberg SAPS WC INT 25/2021
Thembalethu SAPS WC INT 26/2021
Parow SAPS WC INT 27/2021
Prince Alfred Hamlet SAPS WC INT 28/2021
- *Be in possession of a N6 certificate in Financial Management / Business Management / Public Administration. Need practical experience in order to finalize qualification. Must have a letter from the Institution of Higher learning/TVET for experiential learning. Computer Literacy will be an added advantage.
- *Assist with: Administrative functions in relation to budget management; Salaries and maintenance, claims and expenditure management; Coordinating the station budget; Maintaining the budget and coordinate the expenditure of sections and units; Verifying payroll printout, monitor the utilization of funds; Compliance with the prescripts of National Treasury. 3 WESTERN CAPE
| Library Intern (1 post)
Section: Human Resource Development Librarian
Location: Provincial HRD Library Ref number: WC INT 29/2021
- Be in possession of a three (3) year National Diploma / Degree in Library and Information Science, recorded on the National Learner Record Database (NLRD) on at least a NQF 6 or higher level.
- *Assist with: *manage the day to day functioning of the library; *Promote use of information through user education; Furnish reference, bibliographical and reader’s advisory services; *Perform in depth strategic research and synthesize, analyse, edit and filter information; Communicate positively, professionally and effectively with patrons, *Updating of loose leaf publications; *Good understanding of Dewey Decimal Classification System.
| Administrative Graduate Intern (2 posts)
Section: Provincial Corporate Communications
Location: Provincial Media & Liaison Ref number: WC INT 30/2021
- Be in possession of a three (3) year National Diploma / Degree in Public Relations / Journalism / Communication management and science / Integrated organisational communication, recorded on the National Learner Record Database (NLRD) on at least a NQF 6 or higher level.
- *Assist with: Writing, compile, edit and or proof read articles for submission. *Maintain contact with the communication officers at the stations; Conduct interviews as well as record interviews; be able to take photos for the Provincial newsletter.
| Crime Analysis Graduate Intern (14 posts)
Section: Police stations CIMAC
Location: Bellville FCS (2 posts) Ref number: WC INT 31/2021
Wynberg SAPS (2 posts) WC INT 32/2021
Harare SAP WC INT 33/2021
Mitchells Plain SAPS (3 posts) WC INT 34/2021
Delft SAPS WC INT 35/2021
Khayelitsha SAPS WC INT 36/2021
Nyanga SAPS WC INT 37/2021
Mfuleni SAPS WC INT 38/2021
Kraaifontein SAPS WC INT 39/2021
Cape Town Central SAPS WC INT 40/2021
Lansdowne SAPS WC INT 41/2021
- Be in possession of a Degree in the following: Criminology / Social Science / Policing/ Sociology which is recorded on the National Learner Record Database (NLRD) on at least a NQF 6 or higher level. Data Analysis course / module will be an added advantage.
- Assist with: Studying of the Crimes around the Province; the causes of crime around the Province’s precinct, Study the impact / effects of crime around the area; Analyse the data to determine why the crime was committed and find ways to – Predict-Detect and prevent further criminal behaviour.
| Food services practitioner Intern (2 posts)
Section: Provincial HRD Centre Paarl (Mess)
Location: HRD Centre Paarl Ref number: WC INT 42/2021
- *Be in possession of an applicable N6 Certificate/ National Certificate in Hospitality Management/ or three (3) years National Diploma/ Degree in Hospitality Management / Food and Beverage Management Services, recorded on the National Learner Record Database (NLRD). Must have a letter from the Institution of Higher learning /TVET for experiential learning.
- Assist with: Planning, preparation and serving of meals; Organising and keeping the kitchen, dining halls and store rooms hygienically clean; contributing to the proper utilization of the resources allocated to the post environment.
| Biokinetican Intern (1 post)
Section: Provincial HRD Centre Pinelands
Location: Pinelands Sport and Recreation Ref number: WC INT 43/2021
- *Be in possession of a NQF level 6 or higher qualification Health and Sciences in Biogenetics/ BA Human movement science which is recorded on the National Learner Record Database (NLRD) on at least a NQF 6 or higher level or any relevant qualification in the field of the post
- *Assist with: fitness coordination with assessments; Identify problem areas in movement and body dynamics; Improve wellbeing in clusters; Attend sport meeting in different Sport codes to address specific injuries; Assists members to improve body dynamics to prevent injuries.
| Dietician Intern (1 post)
Section: Provincial HRD Pinelands
Location: HRD Sports and Recreation Pinelands Ref number: WC INT 44/2021
- *Be in possession of a Degree in the following: BSc Dietetics which is recorded on the National Learner Record Database (NLRD) on at least a NQF 6 or higher level or any relevant qualification in the field of the post
- *Assist with: Manage Physical fitness assessments of members; Ensure that not yet competent members are issued with nutritional program; Administer a Portfolio of evidence for fitness of members. 5 WESTERN CAPE
| Musician Intern (2 posts)
Section: Provincial Band
Location: HRD: Band Ref number: WC INT 45/2021
- *Relevant Grade 6 musical qualification from an accredited tertiary institution, i.e. Unisia, Royal Schools, Trinity College, etc. in performing on a specific military band musical instrument. Or IDMAC / ISMF Senior Musician or Musician qualification. Must show practical competency on the instrument as advertised (Recognition of prior learning). Musical instruments required: Saxophone, Clarinet, Flute, Oboe: Brass instruments: Trumpet, trombone, Tuba, Euphonium, French horn; Percussion instruments: Drums, Mallet percussion, Timpani; Rhythm instruments: Keyboard / Piano, Guitar, Bass Guitar, Drum kit and Vocals.
- *Play a primary and secondary instrument as circumstances dictate in line with the SAPS mission; Participate in practicing and rehearsing individually in sections with group or with a band; Perform with the band or any group within the band Maintain and enhance relations between the SAPS and other Government Departments at all levels, both Nationally and Internationally, as well as the private sector; Market the image of the SAPS internally and externally through the medium of music; Effective and efficient; Administration of all resources allocated to the specific post environment in accordance with applicable legislation; Market the image of the SAPS internally and externally through the medium of music.
| Psychologist Intern (1 post)
Section: Employee Health & Wellness
Location: Provincial Head Office: Cape Town Ref number: WC INT 46/2021
- *Be in possession of an Honours degree / B Psych degree in Psychology (in one of the acknowledged categories); Registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa as a Psychometrist or Registered Counsellor and submit proof of valid registration for financial year 2021/2022.
- *Assist with: Render psychological evaluation and assessment services which include, amongst others: Psychometric testing for entry level candidates, specialised units and assessment centres for SMS posts; Facilitate organisational diagnosis services; Present Mental Health and other EHW programmes. Provide integrated EHW services; Organise/facilitate Psychological Services and other integrated EHW projects and events; Render counselling and debriefing services; Render support and care services to SAPS members and their families. 6 WESTERN CAPE
| Social Work Intern (1 post)
Section: Employee Health & Wellness
Location: Provincial Head Office: Cape Town Ref number: WC INT 47/2021
- Be in possession of BA Social Work Degree and valid registration with the South African Council of Social Service Professions (SACSSP) and paid up fees for the 2021/2022 financial year. Must be prepared to work in a multi-disciplinary team and be able to market Social Work Services. Must be medically, physically and mentally fit. Computer literacy which includes MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Office Outlook will be an added advantage to the applicant.
- Render the advance and complex Police Social Work Services work-focus assessments; Render comprehensive occupational social work to the client system by means of Social Work Service’ capacity building programmes (promoted-, work-person- and workplace interventions); Render comprehensive occupational social work services to the client system by means of Restorative Interventions. Render comprehensive occupational social work services to the client system by means of application of the Social Work Community Model. Implement the multi-disciplinary approach interventions within the Employee Health and Wellness environment. Execute standard social work administrative practice
- Only the official application form for the internship programme (available on the SAPS website) will be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
- A Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form and proof of residence.
- Certified copies of an applicant’s ID document, Senior Certificate and all post-school educational qualifications obtained must also be submitted and attached to every application. Certified copies should not be older than 3 months. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered
- only certificate of qualifications will be accepted, with a statement of results attached.
- All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
- Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered. The closing date for all applications is 2021
- If an applicant is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview. Short-listed applicants may be subjected to security clearance.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful interns only. If you have not been contacted within 2 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after advertisement thereof.
- A stipend will be paid according to proof of relevant qualification.
- Recommended candidates will be expected to sign a 12-month internship contract.
- The Graduate Recruitment Scheme in the SAPS may not be regarded as a guarantee for automatic absorption for permanent appointment.
- The possible Commencement date is 2022-03-01.
How to Apply
Western Cape Provincial Office
Col Adams, 021 4096614
Captain Greeff, 021 409 6639
Sgt Adams, 021 409 6636
SAPS: Prov HRD: SDF
Private Bag X9004