POST 04/88: WATER PLANT SUPERINTENDENT
REF NO: 150219/15 NWRI Central Operations: Usutu Vaal
SALARY: R163 563 per annum (Level 05)
CENTRE: Jericho Dam (Usutu River) – Geelhout Boom
- A Grade 12 certificate and certificate in Water Plant treatment.
- Communication skills both (verbal and written).
- Computer literacy.
- Knowledge in bulk water pumping operations.
- Knowledge in ensuring the water distribution for all government water works within the area office’s jurisdiction.
- Basic policy implementation.
- Monitoring and evaluation principles.
- Basic knowledge in managing human resources.
- Disciplinary knowledge in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Knowledge in supporting water utilisation and water resource strategy.
- Knowledge of flood controlling.
- Understanding of government legislation.
- One (1) to three (3) years relevant experience.
- Ensure the efficient supply of water in accordance with prescribed standards.
- Compile monthly reports on the utilisation of staff and machinery.
- Report faults on all equipment’s.
- Ensure that safety measures are in place all the time.
- Ensure the operational efficiency and effectiveness of water plants and pump stations.
- Effective maintenance of infrastructure and machines.
- Ensure the machinery is operated in the clean environment.
- Assist in the development of appropriate maintenance procedures through best practices.
- Attends to adhoc queries pertaining to Occupational Health and Safety programmes from both internal and external clients.
ENQUIRIES: Mr MD Cholo Tel No: (017) 846 6000
APPLICATIONS: Please forward your applications to the Acting Scheme Manager Central Operations NWRI, Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X 1004, Usutu River, Amste
ATTENTION: Thomo K.E
CLOSING DATE: 15 February 2019
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity document. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Preference will be given to previously disadvantage groups. Successful applicants will be required to undergo standard Government security clearance procedures including verification of qualifications. Should you be in a possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation from South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the posts. People who are not employed by the Public Service Departments are welcomed to apply for posts. The department reserves the right not to make an appointment.