WATER CONTROL AID REF NO 170921/19 (X5 POSTS)
Branch: Infrastructure Management, Northern Operation
SALARY: R145 281 per annum (Level 04)
- Groblersdal Area Office: Loskop dam (X2 Posts)
- Elands Rivier (Rust De Winter) (X3 Posts)
- Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate or (Adult Education Training) AET, Good verbal, writing, and reading skills, Basic knowledge in controlling and managing the water distribution for all Government waterworks.
- Basic understanding of occupational health and safety.
- Basic knowledge of flood control.
- Basic understanding of record keeping.
- Opening and closing of sluices according to scheme regulations.
- Handling the water distribution sheet according to scheme regulations.
- Perform minor maintenance on structures, fencing, and sluices.
- Assist with the opening of blocked pipes and canals.
- Remove algae and water grass in canals regularly.
- Conduct daily inspections on sections.
- Report holes on embankments and any irregularly on canals and earth dam walls to Water Control Officer.
- Look for cracks in measuring structures and report defects.
- Stagnant water on the embankments must be reported.
- Painting of sluices and long weir sluices.
- Ensure that sluice numbers are clearly marked.
- Keep canal grids clean. Keep gauge plates clean.
- Keep structures clean and their surroundings.
- Keep the inlet hole to the measuring box always open.
- Clean and lock always the post boxes.
- Repair minor washouts.
- Repair equipment when necessary.
- Keep equipment safe and lock the storeroom always.
- Clean the galleries inside a dam wall, clean outlet structures, and equipment at dams, Clean terrain at dams.
- IJ Pretorius, Tel No: (013)262 6839
- Please email your application quoting the relevant reference number to GDLrecruitment@dws.gov.za
- Mr. S Murunzi.
CLOSING DATE: 17 September 2021
- Interested applicants must submit their applications for employment to the email address specified on each post.
- Applications must be submitted using the newly implemented Z83 form obtainable on the Department of Water and Sanitation website, under career opportunities or the DPSA website, under vacancies in the Public Service (point 4) and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as copies of qualifications, identity document and a valid driver’s license (where applicable) which need not be certified when applying for a post.
- Original/certified copies must be produced by only shortlisted candidates during the interview date.
- All required information on Form Z83 must be provided.
- Failure to complete or disclose all required information will automatically disqualify the applicant.
- All documents must be submitted in one email in PDF format.
- The attachment/s, may not exceed 5MB) Subject title on the email must clearly display the reference number of the post applied for.
- Applicants should forward applications to the correct email address of the post as wrong emailed applications will not be considered.
- No late, applications will be accepted. A SAQA evaluation certificate must accompany foreign qualification/s.
- Applications that do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements will not be considered.
- All shortlisted candidates pertaining to Senior Management Services (SMS) posts will be subjected to a technical and competency assessment and a pre-entry certificate obtained from the National School of government is required prior to the appointment.
- Individuals who have completed the course already, and who are therefore in possession of a certificate are welcome to submit such, however, it is not required that an applicant submit such when applying for the post prior to the closing date.
- The link for the completion of the course for the certificate for the pre-entry into SMS can be found on http://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entry-programme/.
- Candidates will be required to complete a financial disclosure form and undergo a security clearance.
- Foreigners or dual citizenship holders must provide a police clearance certificate from their country of origin.
- The Department of Water Sanitation is an equal opportunity employer.
- In the filling of vacant posts, the objectives of section 195 (1) (i) of the Constitution of South Africa, 1996 (Act No: 108 of 1996) the Employment Equity imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act No: 55 of 1998) and relevant Human Resources policies of the Department will be taken into consideration.
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
- If you do not hear from us within two (2) months of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
- The department reserves the right not to fill these positions.
- Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and preference will be given to the EE Targets.
The post of Finance Clerk Production with Ref No: Post 28/101 with Ref 270821/16 advertised in the Public Service Vacancy Circular 28 dated 13 August 2021 has been withdrawn.