Table of Contents
VKB | Loading Supervisor X2
Closing Date 28 October 2022
QPro Feeds is a dynamic Animal Feed Manufacturing business with a facility in both Bethlehem and Vrede. We are responsible for producing animal feed to in-house clients as well as external clients in the monogastric and ruminant fields.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Performing daily duties related to receiving, binning, picking, loading of vehicles, inventory control and balancing final product.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Qualification: Grade 12 certificate or equivalent.
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office (Intermediate)
- Animal Feed mill experience will be advantageous.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Personnel management and management of the output of all staff reporting to the position.
- Ensure all scanners and printers are operational in all areas.
- Ensure daily documentation required is printed and available.
- Ensure shift handovers are done and communicate between shifts.
- Moving equipment check sheets are completed at the start of each shift.
- Distribute the loading schedule for the loading team.
- Manage and control warehouse and dispatch process: Receiving, binning, picking, loading of vehicles, inventory control and balancing final product, damaged product, short dated or expired product.
- Verify final product pallets according to quantities, product ranges and schedule/production plan.
- Repack broken bags as applicable or send them back to Production according to the procedure for repacking.
- Sign off stock received from the Production teams with stock handover between departments.
- Verify the following when stock is received:
- Product type (Correct packaging vs Pallet label)
- Quantity received
- Quality: Quality of bagging, slings intact
- Pallet barcodes visible on all product
- Expiry dates
- Return products that are out of spec and damaged.
Move pallets into the Warehouse storeroom
- Scan the pallet label into the applicable allocated bin.
- Pick pallets from the correct applicable bin number according to the system.
- Verify that the correct pallet number is picked according to Pallet Barcode.
- Move picked pallets to the loading area, keeping pallets per load together.
- Pick all orders in advance – Sign off the picking slip before the load is loaded onto the vehicle.
- Inspect the vehicle before loading the final product onto the vehicle.
- Ensure all slings are wrapped before being loaded.
- Ensure the integrity of the product before loading, verifying the following:
- Expiry date
- Product quality (Not hardened, not rotten or wet)
- The smell of product (No strong smells)
- Ensure that the correct product (no broken product bags) and quantities are loaded onto the correct vehicle.
- Load vehicles properly according to procedure considering: Axle, load integrity, load intact, load stable and secure to reach the destination safely.
- Split loads: Load split loads ensure loads are properly split between customers, considering the sequence of deliveries.
- Load vehicles in the least possible time to avoid standing times.
- Complete administration per load: Picking slip and Shipment documentation.
- Ensures that offloading documents are completed.
- Control daily damages to a minimum.
- Minimize downtime to a minimum.
- Minimize vehicle standing times to a minimum, loading vehicles in the shortest possible time
- Stock control and rotation according to FIFO principle – Maintain expiry dates of stock.
- Perform daily accurate stock counts.
- All pallets not used: Stacked neatly in the designated area.
- Remove all broken pallets daily to the waste area.
- Clean working area continuously.
- No unnecessary items lying around.
- Stack feed bags neatly. No bags are allowed on the floor.
- Re-pack broken bags immediately at all times
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Must be able to work shifts.
- Must be able to work overtime to meet business requirements.
- Good communication skills (Verbal and written)
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to keep detailed records.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Mathematic and measurement skills.
- Experience working with lab equipment.
- Ability to work in noisy environments.
- Must be able to work at heights.
- Stress management – Problem-solving, Initiative, persistence, judgment
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office (Intermediate)
- Customer orientated: Internal and external customers
- The company can expire jobs at any time at its own discretion.
- VKB Group and/or its subsidiary companies will use any personal data collected through the job opportunities section of this website for recruitment purposes only and, should your application be successful, for purposes connected with your employment.
- VKB Group is an equal-opportunity employer. VKB Group’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to VKB Group’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. VKB Group actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.
- Things to take note of when applying through our Career Portal.
- Use Google Chrome when accessing the portal
- Clear copy of your CV in either PDF or Word
- The CV should not have handwriting on the document
- NB! Only Submit your CV on the Upload CV section of the application form and not a PDF that includes other documents such as ID, Driver’s License and other documents. The application form will make provision for the candidate to upload supporting documents.
- When uploading a profile picture, make sure the minimum size uploaded is 300 x 300px