Table of Contents
VKB Group | Shift Manager – QPro Feeds, Vrede
QPro Feeds is a dynamic Animal Feed Manufacturing business with a facility in both Bethlehem and Vrede. We are responsible for producing animal feed for in-house clients as well as external clients in the monogastric and ruminant fields.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading a team that is responsible for the total production function in terms of functional responsibilities of all equipment
- Aligning, guiding and co-coordinating the activities of a team to utilize the skills and experience of each team member to achieve targets in terms of production volumes, quality, uptime, safety, costs and staff development.
- To keep management up to date of all risk, plant, equipment, people and quality issues
- Accomplishes manufacturing results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring and appraising job results, disciplining employees, initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems policies and procedures.
- Maintains workflow by monitoring steps of the process, setting processing variables, observing control points and equipment, monitoring personnel and resources, studying methods, implementing cost reductions, facilitating corrections to malfunctions, within process control points.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel, accomplishing work results, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, resolving problems, reporting results of the processing flow on shift production sheets.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing standards
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling production performance records.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment, maintains compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Manage the shift change over
- Daily monitoring of actual production against the planned targets
- Record keeping of all downtime (Man, Machine, and System) and provide feedback in daily production meeting
- Ensure works force understands the expectations and that performance vs expectations are clearly understood.
- Identifying and reporting quality problems to the Line Manager/QA Manager.
- Taking full responsibilities for the entire plant’s functions over night and weekends when on duty.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role in a animal feed plant
- Previous experience leading a production team (preferably in feed) would be an advantage
- Hands on technical/troubleshooting experience will be beneficial
- Sound knowledge of ISO 14000, 14001 and 9001
- Must be literate and able to read and write English
- Must be willing to work shifts
- May also need to assist the maintenance technician if required from time to time.
- Analytical and Organisational skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Problem solving skills
- Sound product knowledge
- Computer Literacy
- Industrial Relation Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Work Pride
- Good Communication skills – written and verbal
- The company can expire jobs at any time at their own discretion.
- VKB Group and/or its subsidiary companies will use any personal data collected through the job opportunities section of this website for recruitment purposes only and, should your application be successful, for purposes connected with your employment.
- VKB Group is an equal opportunity employer. VKB Group’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to VKB Group’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. VKB Group actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.
- Things to take note of when applying through our Career Portal.
- Use Google Chrome when accessing the portal
- Clear copy of your CV in either PDF or Word
- The CV should not have handwriting on the document
- NB! Only Submit your CV on the Upload CV section of the application form and not a PDF that includes other documents such as ID, Driver’s License and other documents. The application form will make provision for the candidate to upload supporting documents.
- When uploading profile picture, make sure the minimum size uploaded is 300 x 300px