VKB | Cashier – Foods, Bethlehem (X2)
VKB Foods is part of Grain Field Chickens Abattoir, a subsidiary of VKB Agriculture (PTY)Ltd. We are a dynamic role-player in the integrated broiler industry with an abattoir in Reitz in the North-Eastern Free State, and two Food Stores in Sasolburg and Bethlehem. We offer you the opportunity to establish yourself within a professional, corporate environment in the countryside.
The Cashier will scan the customer’s selections, ensure that prices and quantities are accurate, accept payments, issue receipts, answer inquiries, and provide helpful information to customers products, promotions, or item locations. You will also respond to complaints, process refunds or exchanges of items, and maintain a clean workspace.
- Grade 12 or NFQ equivalent.
- Customer Service or Cashier experience.
- Ability to handle transactions accurately and responsibly.
- High level of energy with strong customer service skills.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- A clear credit and criminal record.
- Ability to stand, walk, lift heavy items, and work with other team members in a fast-paced environment to provide excellent service.
- Helpful, courteous approach to resolving complaints.
Duties and responsibility
- Welcoming customers, answering their questions, helping them locate items, and providing advice or recommendations.
- Operating scanners, scales, cash registers, and other electronics.
- Balancing the cash register and generating reports for credit and debit sales.
- Accepting payments, ensuring all prices and quantities are accurate and proving a receipt to every customer.
- Processing refunds and exchanges, resolving complaints.
- Bagging or wrapping purchases to ensure safe transport.
- Following all store procedures regarding coupons, gift cards, or the purchase of specific items, such as alcohol or cigarettes.
- Maintaining a clean workspace.
- Perform any other duties as may be required by management.
- Should have a strong work ethic and a high level of accuracy.
- Be responsible, attentive to customer needs.
- Committed to providing excellent service.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- The company can expire jobs at any time at their own discretion.
- VKB Group and/or its subsidiary companies will use any personal data collected through the job opportunities section of this website for recruitment purposes only and, should your application be successful, for purposes connected with your employment.
- VKB Group is an equal opportunity employer. VKB Group’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to VKB Group’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. VKB Group actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.
- Things to take note of when applying through our Career Portal.
- Use Google Chrome when accessing the portal
- Clear copy of your CV in either PDF or Word
- The CV should not have handwriting on the document
- NB! Only Submit your CV on the Upload CV section of the application form and not a PDF that includes other documents such as ID, Driver’s License and other documents. The application form will make provision for the candidate to upload supporting documents.
- When uploading a profile picture, make sure the minimum size uploaded is 300 x 300px