Table of Contents
VKB | Broker X1
VKB Brokers (Pty) Ltd is one of the leading Agri-brokers operating in the Free State and Limpopo. The brokerage enjoys bargaining power among all major insurers to offer its clients the best value for money. The company is part of the VKB Group and strives toward healthy and modern business practices. VKB Brokers (Pty) Ltd offers employees the opportunity to utilise and develop their knowledge and skills in a competitive work environment. We offer you the opportunity to establish yourself within a rural environment with resources inherent to the environment.
As an insurance broker you will use your in-depth knowledge of risks and the insurance market to find and arrange suitable insurance policies and arrange cover for your clients.
You will act as an intermediary between your clients who can either be individuals, farmers, commercial businesses, organizations and insurance companies and will offer products from more than one insurer to ensure that your clients get the best deal.
- Grade 12
- Full Qualification to meet competency requirements for FAIS Fit and Proper purposes (NQF Level 5, Min Credits 120)
- Successfully completed RE5 examination
- Up to date Continuous Professional Development (CPD) record
- Marketing experience will be advantageous
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Required to travel
- Good people skills to interview and listen to clients
- Excellent communication skills
- Thorough, precise and accurate
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit, able work independently, manage time exceptionally well
- Constantly add value to the current functions of the position
Duties and Responsibilities
- Building and maintaining business relationships with clients
- Scheduling and attending meetings
- Keeping to regulatory requirements
- Discussing and assessing clients current and future insurance needs
- Researching insurance policies and products
- Negotiating policy terms and costs with insurance providers
- Arranging insurance cover for clients with the insurance provider
- Collecting insurance premiums
- Keeping detailed computer records
- Preparing reports for insurance underwriters
- Advising clients on making claims on their policies
- Renewing or amending existing policies for clients
- Undertaking general administrative duties
- Marketing services
- The company can expire jobs at any time at their own discretion.
- VKB Group and/or its subsidiary companies will use any personal data collected through the job opportunities section of this website for recruitment purposes only and, should your application be successful, for purposes connected with your employment.
- VKB Group is an equal opportunity employer. VKB Group’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to VKB Group’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. VKB Group actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.
- Things to take note of when applying through our Career Portal.
- Use Google Chrome when accessing the portal
- Clear copy of your CV in either PDF or Word
- The CV should not have handwriting on the document
- NB! Only Submit your CV on the Upload CV section of the application form and not a PDF that includes other documents such as ID, Driver’s License and other documents. The application form will make provision for the candidate to upload supporting documents.
- When uploading profile picture, make sure the minimum size uploaded is 300 x 300px