14 January, 2022
VKB | Boilermaker Apprentice (3 Year Contract)
VKB Flour Mills (Pty) Ltd with investments in bakeries, is a subsidiary of VKB Agri Processors (Pty) Ltd and part of the VKB Group. The company is a wheat mill and bakery situated in Frankfort in the Free State province. This organisation, which strives towards healthy and modern business practices, offers employees the opportunity to utilise and develop their knowledge and skills in a competitive work environment. We offer you the opportunity to establish yourself a professional, corporate environment in the countryside.
Experience & Qualification:
- Grade 12/ NQF 4 with Math and Science as subjects
- Completed N2: Boilermaker (Math, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing and Plater Trade Theory)
- High fault finding and problem solving skills
- Keen interest in the FMCG and Agriculture sectors
- Must have a valid Drivers license
- Ensure that technical issues are resolved quickly
- Ensure routine maintenance is done
- Ensure plant upgrades when needed
- Controlling of production outputs by ensuring equipment readiness
- Ensure that bottlenecks are resolved
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve
- Able to work shifts
- Must be able to do Welding/ Tacking
- Mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to do measurements accurately
- Basic math skills/ Calculations of measurements
- Must have sound knowledge of health and safety procedures must follow all health and safety procedures (working safely, wearing of PPE etc.) and reporting of unsafe and hazardous conditions in the work place.
- Effective communication, verbal and written
- Team Player
- Problem Solving
- Analytical and precise
- Attention to detail
Please note You will be vetted and your MIE checked if you apply
- The company can expire jobs at any time at their own discretion.
- VKB Group and/or its subsidiary companies will use any personal data collected through the job opportunities section of this website for recruitment purposes only and, should your application be successful, for purposes connected with your employment.
- VKB Group is an equal opportunity employer. VKB Group’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to VKB Group’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. VKB Group actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.
- Things to take note of when applying through our Career Portal.
- Use Google Chrome when accessing the portal
- Clear copy of your CV in either PDF or Word
- The CV should not have handwriting on the document
- NB! Only Submit your CV on the Upload CV section of the application form and not a PDF that includes other documents such as ID, Driver’s License and other documents. The application form will make provision for the candidate to upload supporting documents.
- When uploading profile picture, make sure the minimum size uploaded is 300 x 300px
Closing Date 23 January 2022