UJ | Tender Administrative Officer (POSTS 10)
The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university anchored in Africa and intent on global excellence and stature. With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and multiple partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice.
- Arranging venues for tenders related meetings and handling invitations.
- Ensure logistical arrangements for all meetings.
- Preparation and maintenance of the meetings registers.
- Provide support to the tender specialists by taking minutes of the proceedings.
- Compilation of projects status reports.
- Maintenance of the tenders registers.
- Preparation of the Awarding Committee Agendas.
- Handling correspondence with Project Leaders for feedback/status update on the projects.
- Filing (general office filing and Tender filing), Project Filing are stored correctly onsite and offsite, File preparation for audit purposes.
- Answer phones, transfer call and take messages
- General Office upkeep, maintenance. Ordering of office supplies.
- Print/ Sort IPROC list for the day, Print IPROC (with attachments)
- Load Orders (Contracts, Interim and Consultant orders)
- Print Orders
- Send Orders to end user
- Register invoice on a book to AP
- Take invoices and Orders to AP
- Expediting orders
- Attend to external (Suppliers, auditors) and internal stakeholder
- Take personal responsibility for correcting problems.
- Give responses to customer’s questions and resolve their queries.
- Diploma in Finance/Tender management or relevant Certificate (NQF 6) with 3/5 years’ job experience
- At least 2- 3 years’ experience of working with ERP systems
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills
- Planning and organizing
- Customer service focused
- General office administration skills
- Computer literate in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Work independently and within a team environment
- Attention to detail
- A team player who is willing to learn