UJ | Committee Administrator (P9)
The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university, anchored in Africa and driven by a powerful strategy focused on attaining global excellence and stature (GES). With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and strategic partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice. The University is guided by the Vice-Chancellor’s vision of “Positioning UJ in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) in the context of the changing social, political and economic fortunes of Africa”.
- Planning and logistical arrangements for meetings.
- Compiling and distributing agendas in line with the applicable guidelines and rules.
- Providing procedural advice before, during and after meetings.
- Drafting and distributing minutes and action lists in line with the applicable guidelines and rules.
- Drafting reports to other committees as and when required.
- Maintaining the electronic records of the applicable statutory committees of the University.
- Assisting with the planning for the annual meeting cycle.
- Assisting colleagues when necessary.
- The occasional attendance of meetings outside of normal hours will be required.
- Since the University Secretariat office is not on the APK campus, it is required for staff to travel to and from the meeting venues using their own transport
- A relevant post-school qualification (from NQF6 and above).
- Extensive experience in:
- Drivers’ license.
- Any relevant additional qualifications.
- An understanding of the higher education sector and the relevant legislation will be an advantage.
- Good organisational skills.
- High-level comprehension skills (an ability to grasp complex concepts).
- Advanced written communication (an ability to summarise complex debates and accurately record decisions in formal minutes such that they can be acted upon).
- The ability to work under pressure without supervision.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to meet deadlines, to be punctual and accurate and to pay meticulous attention to detail.
- The ability to deal with people at all levels and to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality.