Transnet | Port Worker (50 POSTS)
This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement: Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
The closing date is 18.04.2021. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public, and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division: TPT Nqgura CT
Position Title: Port Worker
Employee Group: Non-Permanent
Reporting To: Operations Coordinator
Grade Level: HRLYL1
Reference Number: 20200974
The provision of labor as directed by the supervisor in order to ensure a safe and clean working environment or optimized cargo
- Cleaning of operational equipment (such as ship to shore cranes, windows, cranes, and Cabins etc.)
- Inspection of container condition
- Reefer monitoring operations
- Opening and closing of rail wagons twist locks.
- Loading, offloading, and stacking of cargo in compliance of the standard operating procedures
- Tarping/untarping where applicable.
- Place/removed damage
PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any
suspicious activities in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056.
- Cleaning of the operational environment, rail, truck, workshop, offices, Sheds, and ablution facilities as instructed.
- Complete applicable i.e accident report
- Identification of correct cargo handling equipment/ tools.
Qualifications & Experience:
Matric with a minimum of 2 years experience as a port worker/ general worker
Attention to detail