POST 04/96: TRADESMAN AID II: MECHANICAL – CORROSION
REF NO: 150219/23 NWRI Central Operations: Dam Operations
SALARY: R115 437 per annum (Level 03)
CENTRE: NWRI, Central Operations (Vanderkloof Dam)
- ABET Certificate (Ability to read and write).
- Person must also be in good physical condition to perform tasks assigned.
- Experience in corrosion painting.
- Knowledge of Corrosion, Sandblasting and welding.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act. (OHS).
- One (1) to two (2) years working experience.
- To provide a support service to the handyman in performing maintenance to mechanical equipment. Maintenance to construction equipment and performing smaller welding tasks.
- Will perform paint duties at dam wall, houses, buildings, workshops.
- All Occupational Health & Safety regulations should be adhered to and protective equipment used appropriately.
- Perform corrosion, sandblasting and welding duties at dam wall and all departmental structures.
- Cleaning of the workshop give support to other divisions and report any defaults.
ENQUIRIES: Mr. GA Coetzee Tel No: 053 664 9400
APPLICATIONS: Please forward your applications to the Acting Scheme Manager Central Operations NWRI, Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X01, Vanderkloof Dam, 8771 FOR
ATTENTION: Mr J Wilson
CLOSING DATE: 15 February 2019
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity document. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Preference will be given to previously disadvantage groups. Successful applicants will be required to undergo standard Government security clearance procedures including verification of qualifications. Should you be in a possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation from South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the posts. People who are not employed by the Public Service Departments are welcomed to apply for posts. The department reserves the right not to make an appointment. The candidate must be medically fit.