WMS – Process Engineer
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented WMS Process Engineer to join our team in Cape Town.
We’re a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity, to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you’re prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The position reports into the Warehouse Management System (WMS) Product Owner.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Day to Day administration of Oracle Cloud WMS – user maintenance, location maintenance, level 1 support to DC operations, troubleshooting of integration issues with ERP
- Assist with facilitating of testing and roll-out of proposed new functionalities as well as bi-annual upgrades of Oracle Cloud WMS
- Development of reporting and dashboards from WMS reporting database
- Preparation of training material and responsible for training workshops on new WMS processes (Training lead)
- Administration of the WFM software – Fixing of errors, reporting, cleansing of data, keeping WMS and WFM system data in sync
- Data analysis linked to continuous system application improvement
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude; self-motivated
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Understanding of DC operations and processes
- Comfortable with change and excellent team player
- Comfortable with learning and adapting to new systems
- Competent in data analysis and modelling
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience within DC operations
- Previous experience with WMS systems such as Oracle, Manhattan, Red Prairie, SAP, Highjump or similar
- Industrial Engineering, B.Comm Logistics or similar degree preferred
- High level of proficiency with MS Office packages, specifically Excel (for Modelling)
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities, to apply.