Takealot | Site Merchandiser 2021
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Site Merchandiser to join our team in Cape Town. We are a young, dynamic, hyper-growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market-related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Head of Merchandising and Promotions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Divisional Heads, Discovery Team and Marketing to measure and direct on-site traffic to feature categories and product ranges that ensures continuous visibility of all inventory classes, full margin products, seasonal and trending products, markdowns and new launches in line with business objectives.
- Optimize and work together with the discovery team and catalogue product team to continuously improve the integrity of navigation on site, app navigation and search optimization.
- Measure and improve the performance of all site merchandising assets, including landing pages and CMS tools, by evaluating the performance of each merchandising initiative and deployment.
- Launch new strategic themes and merchandising assets including seasonal landing pages and anchor promotions.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage a wide range of initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Smart, analytical thinker
- Innovative, creative individual unafraid to take risks, you ask difficult questions and challenge the status quo
- Energetic, dynamic individual – can-do attitude, self-motivated
- Curious and creative with a proven track record of delivering exceptional results
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience in a high-performance environment in merchandising, content strategy, marketing. An ecommerce experience is advantageous.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma required
- Strong competency in analytical tools
- Experience with website optimization and engagement tools preferred.
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extraordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.