Takealot | Seller Support Specialist – Marketplace X10
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Seller Support Specialist to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This role reports to Seller Support Teamleader and is a unique opportunity to work in a high-performance specialist B2B environment supporting the Takealot group.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Address and escalate Marketplace seller & customer queries via tickets & phone calls.
- Engage with internal Takealot stakeholders to resolve Marketplace queries.
- Assist with adhoc data capturing and admin tasks as required.
- Provide ideas to drive process & system improvement across Takealot Marketplace.
- Customer Obsessed.
- Pragmatic & Organised.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Great interpersonal skills and strong team player.
- Stakeholder management is a plus!
- Thinks like an owner.
- Solutions-oriented – you have a can-do attitude and high energy.
- Curious, a love for problem-solving, to learn and ability to think on your feet.
- Comfortable in a start-up environment – fast paced, dynamic, many uncertainties!
- Analytical mindset. You can use data to inform decisions if required.
Qualifications & Experience required:
- Senior certificate or higher
- 1-2 years call center experience
- Excel, SQL, Zendesk experience
- Experience in an e-commerce, start-up, tech or platform environment
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
I acknowledge that if I have a personal information access request or a deletion request in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act, that request can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference