Takealot – Order Fulfillment Team Leader 2022
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Order Fulfilment Team Leader (Returns) to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
You will report to the Order Fulfilment Manager:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring the TDT network and 3PL’s (3rd Party Logistics providers) performance
- Ensuring returns from customers get back to DC within agreed service levels
- Managing the courier relationships
- Managing a team upwards of 8 people
- Allocating tasks to team to ensure all key functions are tended to
- Referring operational issues and/or problems in a timeous and effective manner to the relevant stakeholders for resolution
- Constantly review existing processes to ensure that they are streamlined and scalable
- Recommending changes based on analysis and compliance management in order to improve procedures so that customer expectations are managed or exceeded
- Being point of contact for Customer Service and 3PL’s, ensuring query resolution
- Report generation, so that TDT network and 3PL’s are aware of their current performance
- Data mining and the analysis thereof
- Data capturing into the respective systems to ensure business and customers are up to date with collections and deliveries
- Quality control of data & Exception reporting
- Claims management
- Confidence in sharing information and providing feedback
- Good working knowledge of internet browsers, MS Excel (advanced) and MS Outlook
- Basic math skills and sound mathematical reasoning
- Excellent people management & team development skills
- Ability to interview and interact professionally with internal and external parties
- Strong organisation skills
- Ability to solve problems by analysing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job
- Demonstrated ability to effectively complete work records with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret data and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime as required
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree/Diploma in Logistics/Operations Management/Supply Chain Management or Business/Commerce
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a management role in operations
- Sound operational background in dealing with branch / franchise network
- Experience of managing customers at a senior level
- Succession planning and development of team members
- Change management experience
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind, so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups, and people with disabilities, will be given preference.