Takealot | Order Fulfillment Team Leader 2021
Takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Order Fulfilment Team Leader to join our team in Cape Town. Takealot uses a combination of its own courier capacity (TDT – Takealot Delivery Team, formerly known as MRD Courier) and third-party logistics providers, and it is the daily monitoring and resolving of issues of this last mile logistics that the Order Fulfilment Team Leader will be tasked with.
You will report to the Order Fulfilment Manager
Your responsibilities will include:
- The OF Team Lead will manage a team (upwards of 8 people) to coordinate the last mile leg of the deliveries to ensure that customers receive their orders on time and in full.
- The Team lead will be expected to produce and analyse daily and weekly performance (periodic review of team’s KPIs) in order to analyse the network’s and his/her team’s performance – driving and sustaining world class operations as well as continuous improvement.
- The individual in this role will be expected to manage operational exceptions (anything that prevents deliveries from happening) and will thus be involved in emergency and urgent work requests.
- Create, maintain, and improve cross functional interdepartmental relationships.
- The Team Lead should be able to manage escalations from – and refer operational issues to ALL relevant stakeholders in a timeous and effective manner in order to resolve it efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure continuous improvement through constantly reviewing current processes – ensuring that it is optimized.
- Ensure continuous improvement through recommending changes based on analyses and compliance management (this will assist to manage customer expectations)
- Run and co-ordinate meetings to review daily feedback and manage daily progress and/or failures.
- Understand the business systems and requirements and processes relevant to Order Fulfilment.
- Form part of and run continuous improvement projects
- Look for ways to continuously train and upskill Order Fulfilment team
- Develop and manage a knowledge storage system to assist with training and knowledge transfer
- In the event that the Order Fulfilment Manager in unavailable, the Team Lead will fulfil the required duties
- Monitor and manage team compliance
- Understand how the supply chain works and its stakeholders – which can include visiting of sites (branches, Distribution Centres etc.)
- If required to do so, assist with Returns function and/or assist with managing of 3PLs (3rd party logistics)
- Data Mining and analysis as well as Quality Control of data and exception mining
- Report generation when required
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime as required
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must be proficient in Excel (i.e., can manipulate and summarize large datasets)
- Must be able to solve problems through analysing variables and apply solutions learnt through experience and proficiency in understanding the job
- Operational and analytical mindset to enhance internal and external supply chain tactics
- Ability read and interpret data and draw valid conclusions
- Must have exceptional organisational skills
- Must have significant knowledge in compute applications
- Has leadership capabilities (i.e., excellent people management and team development capabilities)
- Must be able to interact professionally with internal and external environment
- Must be easily adaptable
- Must be able to present findings effectively
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree/Diploma in Logistics / Operations Management / Supply Chain Management
- Preferably an Industrial Engineer
- At least 3 years of Supervisory Experience
- Succession planning and development of team members
- Change Management experience
- Operational background
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind, so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preferences