Takealot | Online Shopping Assistant Flexi – Perm 2021
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Online Shopping Assistant Flexi – Perm to join our MR D Food team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, young, creative, hardworking people to join us. We offer market related benefits, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great
Furthermore, because we operate in a fast-growing, quick-moving environment, we’re looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, thrives when the going gets tough and is solutions-driven to simplify and innovate. If you’re results-oriented, self-motivated with attested retail/e- commerce experience, this is your opportunity to kick-start your career.
The position reports to the Customer Services Team Leader
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering timely, accurate and professional customer service.
- Resolving product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Assisting with order success to limit food loss and enhance customer experience
- Communicate with customers via phone and email.
- Utilize a variety of software tools to navigate customer accounts, research and review policies and communicate effective solutions in a fun, and fast-paced environment.
- Prioritize and handle all emails and incoming calls in English.
- Liaise between internal departments to solve customer queries.
- Assessing any service failure to identify the route cause and take appropriate action to ensure similar failures are avoided.
- Take ownership of our customers and ensure that their needs are met as soon as possible.
- Customer-obsessed, able to create a positive customer experience for all contacts
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A solutions-oriented, can-do attitude and high energy
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, using data to inform decisions
- Ability to interview and interact professionally with internal and external clients
- Ability to approach problems logically and with good judgment to ensure the appropriate customer outcome
- Versatile and with the appetite to learn by doing
Qualifications and Experience:
- Senior Certificate or Higher
- Minimum of 6 – 12 months within the customer service environment
- Flexibility to work rotational shifts which include weekends, public holidays and overnight work.
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
I acknowledge that if I have a personal information access request or a deletion request in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act, that request can be sent to email@example.com
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.