Takealot Online Shopping Assistant 2021
Online Shopping Assistant – Customer Service | Takealot
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Online Shopping Assistant to join our team in Cape Town
We are a young, dynamic, hyper-growth company looking for smart, young, creative, hardworking people to join us. We offer market-related benefits, a great work environment, and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great
Furthermore, because we operate in a fast-growing, quick-moving environment, we’re looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, thrives when the going gets tough, and is solutions-driven to simplify and innovate. If you’re results-oriented, self-motivated with attested retail/e- commerce experience, this is your opportunity to kick-start your career.
You will report to the Customer Service Team Leader
Your responsibilities will include:
- Deliver timely, accurate, and professional customer service.
- Resolve product or service problems by utilizing your listening skills to clarify our customer’s query; assess any service failure to identify the root cause and take appropriate action.
- Communicate with our customers via phone, email, and chat.
- Utilize a variety of software tools to navigate to a resolution.
- Liaise between internal departments to solve our customer queries.
- Take ownership of our customers and ensure their needs are met in accordance with being Africa’s most customer-centric company.
- Customer obsessed and what it means to deliver an exceptional service
- Competitive: Although innovation is important, GREAT requires a lot of work.
- Curious and Teachable: Always questioning the status quo, hungry for knowledge and experience no matter what they already know
- Smart: Able to identify the root cause of a problem and solve it
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced high-pressure environment and thrive on delivering quality work at hyper-speed
- Collaborative and mindful of the impact of their actions on the team
- Emotionally resilient and comfortable with ambiguity and constant change
- Ability to approach problems logically and with good judgment to ensure the appropriate customer outcome.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Customer-centric, the ability to delight our customers.
- Accountable and responsible, have integrity and takes ownership regardless of whose ‘problem’ it is.
- Ability to navigate the Internet, email, and chat to customers via Instant Messenger tools.
- Flexibility to work rotational shifts which includes weekends, public holidays, and night work
- Internet requirements: dedicated uncapped Wi-Fi/Fibre
- Home environment free from background noise where you can connect the equipment directly to the router/modem via Ethernet cable
- National Senior Certificate or Higher
- Minimum of 6- 12 months customer service experience
takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun, and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to employ Extraordinary Minds, people who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed, and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant, and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY, and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.