Takealot Delivery Assistant
Delivery Assistant | Takealot
Takealot, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for highly talented individuals to act as a secondary team that specializes in delivery queries.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored if you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Customer Service Team Leader
The Takealot Delivery Team Assistants will act as a central communications hub for both Takealot Customer Services as well as the TDT branch network. Simply put, their main task is to ensure the successful delivery of as many orders as possible. This is done by proactively identifying exceptions requiring intervention and by supporting the remaining stakeholders such as Online Shopping Assistants, Order Fulfillment, Corporate Sales & Branch Support with advice and information. They will also act as a second point of contact to assist resolving complex delivery queries.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Deliver timely, accurate and professional customer service for all Takealot Delivery Team Stakeholders
- Resolve delivery or service problems by utilizing your listening skills to clarify our customer’s query; assess any service failure to identify the root cause and take appropriate action.
- Ensure delivery expectations is managed at branch and customer level.
- Ensure all escalated delivery cases are addressed and resolved daily. Queues must be cleared daily.
- Utilize a variety of software tools to navigate to a resolution.
- Inbound and outbound telephonic support to TDT branches for CS queries
- Ensure successful delivery of any TDT Deliveries
- Reschedule Failed Deliveries – communicating between customers and TDT Branches
- Inbound and telephonic support to TDT branches for CS queries
- Log complaints regarding TDT branches e.g. driver conduct/failure
- Create replacement orders for lost/damage parcels
- Make quick decisions – Coordinate arrangements for urgent deliveries
- Investigating CS real- time escalations relating to TDT and providing feedback to improve OSA’s for Customer Experience
- Action all CS requests on orders • Identify gaps and areas for improvement in the TDT Delivery network
- Customer-obsessed, able to create a positive customer experience for all contacts
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude and high energy
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, using data to inform decisions
- Ability to interview and interact professionally with internal and external people
- Ability to approach problems logically and with good judgement to ensure the appropriate customer outcome
- Versatile and with the appetite to learn by doing
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime as required
Qualifications & Experience:
- Successfully completed NQF Level 4/Matric/Grade 12
- Minimum of 1-2 years Takealot customer service experience
- Proven track record of exceptional resolution and turn-around time resolving complex cases
- In-depth knowledge of the brands and systems that support the Takelaot delivery network
- Logistics experience is an advantage
- Flexibility to work rotational shifts which include weekends, public holidays and overnight work.
- Takealot employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of Takealot being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- can think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenges the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for Takealot.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
- If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.