Takealot | Customs Coordinator X10
Takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Customs Coordinator to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper-growth company looking for smart, creative, hardworking people with integrity to join us. We offer a market-related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment, and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Customs and Operations Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Verification of tariffs and classification applicable to products
- Ensure supplier import/export documentation is SARS customs compliant.
- Administration and coordination of certificates/permits if required.
- Reconciliation of customs clearance instruction vs final clearance and investigate variances, identifying of possible errors and decide if Voucher of Correction is required
- Reporting and record-keeping of VOCs, refunds, rebates, credits due
- Support to Inbound coordinators in compiling documents for border police and customs interventions
- Support to finance in the resolution of customs queries, audits, enquiries, etc
- Co-ordination and administration of ad-hoc customs projects and cost-saving initiatives
- Competency in MS Office packages.
- Competency in Google suite.
- Ability to interact with internal & external stakeholders at all levels, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude; self-motivated.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Comfortable with change and excellent team player.
- Comfortable with learning and adapting to new systems.
- Demonstrate a strong track record of problem-solving and solid analytical skills with the capability to find solutions for a variety of operational challenges.
- Goal-driven, target orientated, with the ability to look at the bigger picture, manage ambiguity and thrive in a truly innovative and complex business environment.
- Demonstrate exceptional people skills to manage, motivate, and influence work behaviors.
- National Senior Certificate
- Relevant Higher Certificate (NQF5) is advantageous
- Formal Import / Export training
- Knowledge of customs regulations and finance processes
- 3+ Years’ experience in Import / Export & Finance environment
- Supply Chain / Logistics experience in the retail / FMCG industry will be beneficial.
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun, and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful.
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions?
- is competitive, self-directed, and strives to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience.
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster.
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input.
- is curious and challenges the status quo.
- is innovative and enjoys iteration.
- is collaborative.
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY, and is HARDWORKING.
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
I acknowledge that if I have a personal information access request or a deletion request in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act, that request can be sent to email@example.com
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.