Takealot | Customs Coordinator 2021
Takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Customs Coordinator to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hardworking people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Customs and Operations Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Verification of tariffs and classification applicable to products
- Ensure supplier import / export documentation is SARS customs compliant.
- Administration and co-ordination of certificates / permits if required.
- Reconciliation of customs clearance instruction vs final clearance and investigate variances, identifying of possible errors and decide if Voucher of Correction is required
- Reporting and record-keeping of VOCs, refunds, rebates, credits due
- Support to Inbound coordinators in compiling of documents for border police and customs interventions
- Support to finance in the resolution of customs queries, audits, enquiries, etc
- Co-ordination and administration of ad-hoc customs projects and cost-saving initiatives
- Competency in MS Office packages.
- Competency in Google suite.
- Ability to interact with internal & external stakeholders at all levels, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude; self-motivated.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Comfortable with change and excellent team player.
- Comfortable with learning and adapting to new systems.
- Demonstrate a strong track record of problem solving and solid analytical skill with the capability to find solutions for a variety of operational challenges.
- Goal-driven, target-orientated, with the ability to look at the bigger picture, manage ambiguity and thrive in a truly innovative and complex business environment.
- Demonstrate exceptional people skills to manage, motivate, and influence work behaviours.
- National Senior Certificate
- Relevant Higher Certificate (NQF5) is advantageous
- Formal Import / Export training
- Knowledge of customs regulations and finance processes
- 3+ Years’ experience in Import / Export & Finance environment
- Supply Chain / Logistics experience in the retail / FMCG industry will be beneficial.
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun, and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful.
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions.
- is competitive, self-directed, and strives to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience.
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster.
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input.
- is curious and challenges the status quo.
- is innovative and enjoys iteration.
- is collaborative.
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY, and is HARDWORKING.
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.