Table of Contents
Takealot | Artisan Assistant X2
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Artisan Assistant to join our team in Johannesburg DC
We are a young, dynamic, hyper-growth company looking for smart, creative, hardworking people with integrity to join us. We offer a market-related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The position reports to: Site and Services Manager
Your responsibilities may include:
- Ensure that all equipment is operating in design specification parameters to eliminate downtime and effective implementation and execution of the equipment preventative maintenance system to.
- Ensure maximum line efficiency, and throughput rate, maximize uptime and effectively manage critical spares as required for the DC to actively ensure correct spares holding and minimize cost and downtime.
- Effective planning, including timeous spare procurement for planned repairs and breakdown repairs.
- Best maintenance practices for both the engineering & operational running of lines, including the training and transfer of skills.
- Support implementation of projects, active execution and support of continuous improvement projects to support the warehouse drive to improve quality, and throughput whilst minimizing cost.
- Execution of and contribution to the safety system.
- Execution of and adherence to all safety requirements, inspection and repairs as and when required.
Qualification and Attributes
- Grade 12, Maths & Science
- Millwright Red Seal (N2 upwards)
- Wireman’s license and experience with OHS systems.
- Basic PLC, and or communication systems experience.
- Working experience in conveyor systems will be advantageous.
- Working experience on site and yard maintenance including fire detection and prevention systems.
- At least 2 or more years of related work and knowledge.
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of Takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.