Takealot | Admin Clerk 2022
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Admin Clerk to join TDT in the Cape Town Warehouse.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hardworking people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The Admin Clerk will be responsible for maintaining day to day financial, administrative and personnel services. Supporting management with general admin tasks as well maintaining confidentiality.
This position reports to the Fleet & Driver Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Keep records of invoices and other documents
- Keep fleet records, ensure licences are active and fines are settled timeously
- File personnel records of employees and other relevant documents
- Preparing and capturing of all trip information
- Accurately capture fuel consumption information onto fuel spreadsheet
- Capture and calculate overtime accurately and ensure submission deadlines are met without error
- Ensure that the attendance register/biometrix data is accurate and to resolve any queries
- Complete the milk run summary and regional delivery metrics daily
- Consolidate reports
- Assisting staff with administrative requests
- Handle insurance authorization and administration
- Ensure all CODs are deposited timeously.
- Manage PPE and stationary requirements effectively
- Render customer service to internal and external clients
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment
- Possess excellent personal organisation and business administration skills in accordance with modern best practice methods
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight
- timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt
- Good team player, hard worker, willing to be flexible with a positive attitude
- Must be able to work as part of a multi-cultural team
- Computer literate in MS Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Ideally possessing a relevant qualification and/or suitable background experience (at least 3-5 years) in administration
- Matric certificate or equal qualification
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from previously disadvantaged groups, and people with disabilities, will be given preference.