Social Auxiliary Worker
Capricorn: Limpopo Province
Ref No: OD0058/19
ANOVA is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
We are looking for a Social Auxiliary Worker to offer psychosocial care and support services, conduct educational and prevention groups and carry out home visits in pediatric, adolescent and young people living with HIV, their caregivers and NAS (National Adherence Strategy) clients in Capricorn district facilities.
Key duties and responsibilities for Social Auxiliary Worker
- Implementation of pediatric and adolescent HIV-scale-up program
- Support community testing events
- Support DoH counselors in implementing the care package at the facility level
- Support project buy-in facility level, and collaborate with staff members at health facilities and community-based organization
- Keep records of all program interventions, challenges, lessons learned and individual sessions that may occur during the program
Essential qualifications and experience for Social Auxiliary Worker
- Social Auxiliary Work certificate recognized by the HWSETA
- Registered with the South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with children and adolescents
- Must have experience working in HIV/AIDS Programmes
- Group facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Good report writing skills
Submit your CV and application letter to Olga Daswa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.
Closing date: 22 September 2019
Applicants who have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date should assume that their application has not been successful. Anova Health Institute is an equal opportunity employer.