Table of Contents
Sishen Solar Facility Bursary Opportunities 2024
The Sishen Solar Facility invites bursary applications from current Grade 12 learners at designated schools in the geographical area of its operation namely:
- Gamagara High School – Deben
- Langeberg High School – Olifantsfontein
- Hoërskool Kathu
While we prioritise 2023 Matriculants we are open to applications from previous years. The bursary is open to learners who are South African citizens and want to study further at South African public institutions, notably TVET colleges, universities of technology or universities. Persons who completed their NSC or NTC in previous years may also apply.
Who can apply
- Applicants from present and past Grade 12 learners at the designated schools in the geographical area of the Sishen Solar Facility operation will be considered.
- Applicants from previously disadvantaged individuals who are South African citizens will be considered.
The value of the bursary will be determined on an individual basis and may be used to cover the following study-related cost items:
- Tertiary institution tuition fees, registration fees and examination fees
- Accommodation in a tertiary residence or equivalent
- Learning materials (textbooks, stationary, etc.)
The main criteria used in the selection of successful applicants for the Sishen Solar Facility bursary are as follows:
- Academic excellence: Selection will be done on the basis of prelim Grade 12 results
- Financial need: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a lack of sufficient financial resources to continue with tertiary education.
- Eligible institutions: No bursaries are available for private tertiary institutions.
How to apply
- Applications must be completed on StudyTrust’s online application platform to be considered for a bursary for the next year.
- Please send your completed application form and supporting documents to email@example.com.
- Only applications from South African citizens will be considered.
- Application Season: 01 May to 31 October.
- Please carefully read the instructions on our Bursary Applications page before beginning your application.