Table of Contents
Sibona Ilanga Trust Bursary Programme 2024
Who can apply
- Individuals who are South African Citizens.
- Individuals who reside within 50km radius of the De Aar Solar Power plant.
- Individuals who have been accepted at any recognised public or private South African tertiary education or training institution.
- Only application forms completed correctly, in full and accompanied by the required supporting documents will be considered.
The value of the bursary will be determined on an individual basis and may be used to cover the following study-related cost items:
- Tertiary institution tuition fees, registration fees and examination fees
- Accommodation in a tertiary residence or equivalent
- Learning materials (textbooks, stationary, etc.)
- Academic performance: Selection will be done based on prelim/final Grade 12 results and latest results or Highest grade passed and wanting to study towards a NQF level 6 technical, skills training and training programmes, as well as national diploma and degree programmes are invited to apply.
- Financial need: Applicants must be able to demonstrate lack of sufficient financial resources to continue with tertiary education.
How to apply
- Applications must be completed on StudyTrust’s online application platform to be considered for a bursary for the next year.
- We are also accepting hardcopy application forms. The completed application form must be submitted to email@example.com or the Ethembeni Community Centre (address: 3 Friedlander Street, De Aar) if you want to be considered for a Sibona Ilanga Trust bursary.
- Application Season: 01 May to 31 October.
- Please carefully read the instructions on our Bursary Applications page before beginning your application.