SHIFT BOSS – De Beers Group 2020
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the position of Shift Boss: Mining accountable for the coordination of all relevant mining activities as set out in the mining plan.
He/she is accountable for:
- Coordinating and monitoring mining activities to ensure adherence to mine standards and operational targets
- Planning of all mining activities in accordance with mining and other schedules and allocating resources as required
- Coordinating shift hand over by checking relevant documentation, the required physical mining activities, and available resources, and communicating these to team members of the relevant mining crew
- Performing identified administrative duties according to legal and procedural requirements.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: (Education & Experience)
- Grade 12/ Std 10/ N3 or relevant NQF level 4 qualification
- Blasting Certificate for Underground Hard Rock / Equivalent Qualification
- Underground Shift Boss certificate
- Minimum of 5 years underground mining experience of which at least 5 years must have been as a Shift Supervisor / Controller
- Knowledge and experience of:
- Underground mechanized mining experience of modern, mechanized mines in both project development and steady-state operation.
- Safety, Health and Environmental Legislation and standards applicable to underground mining
- A Supervisory qualification would be advantageous
- Code B Driver’s License
- Computer Literacy
- First Aid Certificate
- Required classification as per VTS(Dover) testing for the role
- Successfully obtain a Red Ticket (Medical Fitness Certificate) to work underground
- Your consideration for employment is subject to your SAPS Criminal Record verification and qualifications verification.
- The incumbent will be required to work shifts.
- This position requires the incumbent to live in Musina / Blouberg and travel to Venetia Mine for work purposes.
- For internal applicants, you are required to attain your immediate line manager and Head of Department signature on your application form.
- Preference will be given to HDSA candidates and consideration will be given to the company’s Employment Equity Policy and Labour Plan.
- External search: Yes
- Secondment terms: No