SFI Group | Apprenticeship Opportunities 2022
Closing Date: 14 February 2022
Location: Cape Town
SFI Group (Pty) Ltd, a national air-conditioning and maintenance company invites highly driven trade-orientated individuals to join our company on a 3-year HVAC Apprenticeship program.
- Duties include: Participate and successfully completing the apprenticeship program;
- Develop trade skills by enthusiastically attending and exhibiting and enthusiasm to learn;
- Perform allocated duties required and make reasonable progress to achieve the competencies in the training schedule.
- Undertake and complete any training or assessments relating to the training plan.
- Maintain apprentice record (logbook) for the duration of the program;
- Drive the mentorship relationship with an assigned mentor.
- Observe company and client protocols, policies and regulations at all times;
- Obey all workplace Health & Safety and code of conduct workplace rules
- Working closely with staff to foster professional values and build good relationships.
- Attending department meetings and workshops
- Compiling reports and delivering presentations to staff members and another stakeholder
- Conducting and assisting with the day-to-day tasks as directed by Technicians responsible for overseeing the area;
- Repair or replace defective equipment, components or wiring.
- Test pipe or tubing joints and connections for leaks with a soap-and-water solution. Perform preventive and general maintenance procedures such as cleaning, oiling parts, and changing filters. Installation and replacement of components to heating-cooling equipment, such as valves, air ducts, pipes, blowers, dampers following prescriptions.
- Assist with other work in coordination with repair and maintenance teams ensure good housekeeping
N4 – N6 Certificate (National Diploma: Mechanical or related formal qualification advantageous
Driver’s license (optional)
Matric or Grade 12 equivalent
- Meet required Qualification and experience as outlined above
- Clear Criminal Record
- Must reside in Cape Town
- Sober Habits and Medically Fit
How to Apply
Individuals having completed their Mechanical / Electrical diploma as seeking a trade qualification are welcome to apply. Please ensure that you read and understand these requirements before sending your CV.
Candidates who meet the requirements above may submit an updated copy of their CV on our website Apply Online for the SFI Group Apprenticeship Programme by no later than Friday, 14 February 2022.
Should you not hear from us within 14 days from the submission of your CV, consider your application to be unsuccessful. All shortlisted candidates will be subject to company pre-employment screening assessments. SFI Group reserves the right to withdraw and/or re-advertise this position should suitable candidates not be shortlisted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the high volume of job applications.