POST 04/86: SENIOR WATER PLANT SUPERINTENDENT
REF NO: 150219/13 NWRI Central Operations Usutu Eastern Transvaal
SALARY: R196 407 per annum (Level 06)
CENTRE: Jericho Dam (Usutu River)
- A Grade 12 certificate and certificate in Water Plant Operations.
- Computer literacy as an added advantage.
- A valid driver’s licence (attached copy)
- Policy implementation.
- Monitoring and evaluation principles.
- Knowledge in managing human resources.
- Knowledge in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Knowledge in supporting water utilisation and water resource strategy.
- Understanding of government legislation.
- Dealing with Pipeline Maintenance and outages.
- Knowledge in controlling and managing water distribution for all government water works withing the Area Office’s jurisdiction.
- Fluency in Zulu and English for communication with community and third party users.
- Three (3) to six (6) years’ experience in Water Plant Operations.
- Operate pumps and equipment in the Pump station manually and with SCADA system.
- Report faults in the work environment. Comply with OHS Act requirements in the working environment. Compile shift rosters for officials working on the Pump stations.
- Monitor, analyse and record all relevant readings.
- Taking of readings.
- Evaluate work performance of human resources and provide the job training.
- Carryout Pipeline inspections, internal as well as external during outages.
- Do daily equipment checks on machinery and Overhead Crane.
- Carryout safety inspections and maintain OHS regulations.
- Physical opening of and closing of big valves.
- Perform stand-by and Overtime duties when required, Perform administrative duties.
ENQUIRIES: Mr ME Sehume Tel No: (017) 846 6000
APPLICATIONS: Please forward your applications to the Acting Scheme Manager Central Operations NWRI, Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X 1004, Usutu River, Amsterdam, 2375.
ATTENTION: Thomo K.E
CLOSING DATE: 15 February 2019
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity document. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Preference will be given to previously disadvantage groups. Successful applicants will be required to undergo standard Government security clearance procedures including verification of qualifications. Should you be in a possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation from South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the posts. People who are not employed by the Public Service Departments are welcomed to apply for posts. The department reserves the right not to make an appointment.