POST 04/87: SENIOR WATER CONTROL OFFICER
REF NO: 150219/14 NWRI Central Operations: Vygeboom
SALARY: R196 407 per annum (Level 06)
CENTRE: Jericho Dam Amsterdam and Nooitgedacht
- A Grade 12 certificate.
- Mathematical literacy and internal water control courses will serve as an added advantage.
- Computer literacy.
- Knowledge in controlling and managing the water distribution for all government waterworks within the area office’s jurisdiction.
- Knowledge and execution of National Water Act and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Valid driver’s licence (a certified copy must be attached).
- Knowledge in supporting water utilisation and water resource strategy.
- Knowledge of flood controlling.
- One (1) to three (3) years experience in water control related functions.
- Control and monitor the release and distribution of water.
- Keep records of water balances and meter readings for billing purposes.
- Collect and keep records of hydrological data. Apply health and safety regulations to the component. Inspect and report on maintenance of the infrastructure (Dams and Canals).
- ENQUIRIES: Ms Mahlare Tel No: (017) 846 6000
- APPLICATIONS: Please forward your applications to the Acting Scheme Manager Central Operations NWRI, Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X 1004, Usutu River, Amsterdam, 2375.
ATTENTION: Thomo K.E
CLOSING DATE: 15 February 2019
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity document. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Preference will be given to previously disadvantage groups. Successful applicants will be required to undergo standard Government security clearance procedures including verification of qualifications. Should you be in a possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation from South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the posts. People who are not employed by the Public Service Departments are welcomed to apply for posts. The department reserves the right not to make an appointment.