Senior Control and Instrumentation Engineering Officer (20 months Fixed Term Contract)
ABOUT THE DE BEERS GROUP OF COMPANIES:
De Beers is a member of the Anglo American plc group. Established in 1888, De Beers is the world’s leading diamond company with unrivaled expertise in the exploration, mining, and marketing of diamonds. Together with its joint venture partners, De Beers employs more than 20,000 people across the diamond pipeline, and is the world’s largest diamond producer, by value, with mining operations in Botswana, Canada, Namibia, and South Africa. As part of the company’s operating philosophy, the people of De Beers are committed to Living up to Diamonds by making a lasting contribution to the communities in which they live and work and transforming natural resources into shared national wealth. For further information about De Beers visit www.debeersgroup.com.
ABOUT DE BEERS MARINE:
De Beers Marine (DBM) is based in Cape Town, South Africa and is part of the De Beers group. Activities managed include Marine exploration, geophysical surveys, sampling, mining, ship conversion, upgrades and maintenance, large project management, engineering design, and mining system equipment builds. DBM executes industry-leading R&D in marine mining practices resulting in the most successful and advanced marine mining equipment and operations globally.
DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB:
The successful incumbent will be responsible for the execution of Control and Instrumentation hardware and software design solutions within the Engineering department as well as providing an efficient and cost-effective service for the planning, installation, and commissioning of equipment.
Please refer to the attached job description for further information:
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree or HND in Electrical Engineering: Electronic Communications/ Electronics or NQF equivalent
- The incumbent should have offshore operational experience (advantageous)
- 5yrs experience post qualification
- 3 years of relevant experience in a Yokogawa CS3000 DCS environment, Diamond X-Ray sorting machine exposure, Allen Bradley Controllogix PLC Systems, and industrial instrumentation will be advantageous
- Relevant experience as an A&I Engineer in a project environment will be advantageous
- Custodian of A&I engineering practices and best practice principles
- Experience in the marine mining environment, especially ship conversion work will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Mining Systems, Treatment Plant (Marine) and Vessel Systems
- Consideration will be given to the Company’s Employment Equity Policy.
- External search: Yes
- Secondment terms: No
- Submit applications on or before the closing date to Closing Date: 18 March 2020, 11:55 pm SA Standard Time