POST 04/03: SENIOR ADMINISTRATION CLERK
REF NO: NCACI/36/18
SALARY: R163 563 per annum (Level 05)
CENTRE: National Conventional Arms Control Inspectorate: Armscor Building: Pretoria.
- Minimum Grade 12 certificate.
- Knowledge of working procedures in terms of the working environment.
- Experience in a clerical support environment with specific reference to a Registry environment will be an advantage.
- Special Skills: Numeracy, Literacy, Typing, Operating equipment (photocopier) and Language skills.
- Knowledge of clerical duties, practices as well as the ability to capture data, operate computer and collecting statistics.
- Knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework governing the Public Service.
- Provide personnel administration clerical support services within the Directorate. Carry out other tasks as delegated by the Director.
- Provide general administrative support services.
- Provide supply chain clerical support services within the Directorate such as the upkeep of Asset Register and arrangement of Asset Disposal Check. S&T claims for correctness.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Farao Tel No: (012) 355 5079
APPLICATIONS: Department of Defence, National Conventional Arms Control Inspectorate, Private Bag X910, Pretoria, 0001, Hand delivery address: Armscore Building, 370 Nossob Street (near Delmas Road), Pretoria
NOTE: Candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the required job.
CLOSING DATE: 22 February 2019 (Applications received after the closing date and faxed copies will not be considered).
NOTE: The advertisement(s) contained herein is/are meant for the attention/perusal of all interested job seekers, whether they are serving employees/officials of the DOD/Public Service, unemployed persons or persons employed outside the Public Service. Persons not employed by the DOD/Public Service are encouraged to apply for the vacancies advertised in this circular. Applications must be submitted on the prescribed form Z83 (obtainable from any Public Service department), which must be originally signed and dated by the applicant and which must be accompanied by a detailed CV (with full particulars of the applicants’ training, qualifications, competencies, knowledge & experience) and clear certified copies of original educational qualification certificates, ID document and Driver’s license (where applicable). Failure to comply with the above instructions will result in applications being disqualified. Applicants applying for more than one post must submit a separate form Z83 (as well as the documentation mentioned above) in respect of each post being applied for. If an applicant wishes to withdraw an application it must be done in writing. Should an application be received where an applicant applies for more than one post on the same applications form, the application will only be considered for the first post indicated on the application and not for any of the other posts. Under no circumstances will photostat copies or faxed copies of application documents be accepted. The successful candidates will be subjected to Personnel Suitability Checks (criminal record-, citizenship- & financial/asset record checks and qualification and employment verification). Successful candidates will also be subjected to security clearance processes. Applicants who do not receive confirmation or feedback within 3 (three) months after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Due to the large volume of responses anticipated, receipt of applications will not be acknowledged and correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. For more information on the job description(s) please contact the person indicated in the post details. Successful candidates will be appointed on probation for the period of twelve (12) months in terms of the prescribed rules.