Senior Admin Officer
- Reference Number: refs/006945
- Directorate: Natural Resources Management
- Number of posts: 1
- Package: R316 791 per annum plus benefits
- Enquiries: Mr Pitso Sekome, Tel: 011 240 3093
- Grade 12 plus bachelor’s degree (NQF Level 7) in Public Administration/Public Management/ Office Management and Technology/Business Administration/Business Management or relevant NQF Level 7 Administration qualification as recognized by SAQA. 3 years’ minimum experience in an Administration environment. Valid driver’s license. COMPETENCIES: Knowledge of office management. Ability to self-manage, work independently and under pressure. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Computer Literate in MS Office programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Ability to organize work efficiently. Experience in supply-chain and budget management. Knowledge and understanding of public service policies and procedures
- Source information and compile comprehensive documents for the DDG with regard to issues emanating from meetings. Compile memoranda as required. Scrutinize submissions/reports. Make notes and recommendations to present to the DDG. Draft responses for submission to internal and external stakeholders. Co-ordinate, follow-up and compile reports of a transverse nature for the DDG and sensitize the DDG on reports to be submitted (for example by Provincial Departments, Municipalities, and Components etc.). Coordinate the NRM Branch planning and performance management system. Scrutinize documents to determine actions/information/ documents required. Collect and compile information for the DDG or Branch with regard to issues that need to be discussed. Record minutes/decisions and communicate/disseminate to relevant role-players, follow-up on progress made. Compile the agenda of meetings chaired by the DDG and ensure circulation of accompanying memoranda. Set up and maintain systems in the Office that will ensure efficiency in the office. Establish, implement and maintain effective processes/ procedures for information and documents flow to and from the Office. Ensure the safekeeping of all documentation in the Office. Coordinate meetings including overseeing the logistics, transport arrangements, take charge of invitations, and RSVP functions etc. Supervise the administrative officer and ensure aligned delivery of assigned tasks in the office of the DDG. Answer phone calls, take and pass on messages, receive visitors, make tea for visitors. Receive and register deliveries – and ensure distribution to correct recipient. Maintain an up to date in-out board (if one is used). Refer queries to the relevant staff member. Organise deliveries, or in emergencies deliver urgent documents for the directorate/sub-programme.
- To apply for the above position, please apply online at http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za/ or Hand Deliver at Ground floor, Main entrance 56 Eloff Street, Umnotho House. Applications must be submitted on a Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department or from the website which must be completed in full. Candidates must attach their recently updated CV as well as certified copies of all qualification/s and ID document (no copies of certified copies allowed; certification should not be more than six months old). Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. NB: For assistance with online applications, visit the following centres: 78 Fox Street, Marshalltown or Maponya Mall at Thuso House next to Home Affairs. It is the Department’s intention to promote representativity (Race, Gender and Disability) in the Public Service through the filling of this post. It is the Department’s intention to promote equity through the filling of all numeric targets as contained in the Employment Equity Plan. To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of Race, Gender and Disability status is required. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The Department reserves the right not to appoint. Disabled people are encouraged to apply. If you do not receive any response from us within 3 months, please accept your application was unsuccessful.
Employer: Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
Closing Date: 10-11-2020
|Do you have Grade 12 plus bachelor’s degree (NQF Level 7) in Public Management/ Public Administration/Office Management and Technology/Business Administration/Business Management or relevant NQF Level 7 Administration qualification recognized by SAQA?|
|Do you have 3 years’ experience in Administration?|
|Do you have a valid driver’s license?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.