- Reference Number: refs/008674
- Directorate: SECURITY DEPARTMENT
- Number of posts : 3
- Package: 145 281.00 pa (Plus Benefits)
- Inquiries: Mr Mvubu G T (011) 898 8003
- Minimum Qualifications: Abet level 4 or Grade 10 or equivalent qualifications with Grade A-D certificate.Ability to work under pressure. Must have the ability to work independently. Good communication and interpersonal skills. Knowledge of Health and Safety Fire prevention. Prepare to work shifts, weekends, and public holidays. Ability to read and write. Prepare to work in various areas within Security Department. Current Psira registration is compulsory. Police clearance verification. Managing the control room (CCTV) will be added as an advantage.
- Render general Supervision and support to the management of the Security Unit. Maintain and provide 24hour access control to premises, render all security duties i.e. searching of vehicles entering and leaving premises, search bags, and parcels where necessary. Safeguarding patients, personnel, and assets of the department at all times be visible and patrol all wards at night, patrol building and grounds within fences. Patrol in the hospital to check any illegal activities. Arrest intruders or any lawbreakers, control and manage parking within the hospital grounds, assist in tracing of missing patients as per circular 15 of 2004. Guard the hospital hot spots where risk is identified or perceived, prevent any unauthorized business conducted within the hospital without permission, manage the OB book and pocketbook. Ensure that visitors and all authorized people are off the premises after visiting times, carry out any lawful instructions given by the manager or supervisor.
- Applications must be filled on a new Z83 form (obtainable from any Public Service Department or on www.dpsa.gov.za/documents) accompanied by a comprehensive CV highlighting or stating the requirements mentioned above, and certified copies of ID and qualifications. Applicants must indicate the post reference number on their applications. Failure to submit the required documents will result in the application not being considered. Qualifications of candidates recommended for appointments will be verified. Persons in possession of foreign qualifications must furnish the Department with the evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered. Disabled, Whites and colored people are encouraged to apply. The candidates will be expected to be available for selection interviews on the date, time, and place determined by the Department. Applications can be forwarded to the Recruitment Officer (Room 122), HR Department, Tambo Memorial Hospital, Private Bag X2, Boksburg, 1459. Physical Address: Railway Street, Boksburg, 1459. NB: The closing time on the closing date will be 12h00.
Employer: Department of Health
Location: Tambo Memorial Hospital
Closing Date: 06-05-2021
|Do you have Abet Level 4, Grade 10, or equivalent qualification with Grade A-D Security Certificate?|
|Do you have knowledge of the Health and Safety Fire Prevention and control room(CCTV)?|
|Are you able to work shifts, weekends, and public holidays in various areas within Security Department with current Psira registration?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.