Table of Contents
Security Officers X2
- Reference Number: Refs/018108
- Directorate: Securities and Facilities Management
- Number of Posts: 2
- Package: R 128 166.00 per annum (plus benefits)
- Enquiries: Nkhumeleni Magadze Tel No: 011 355 2720
- The successful candidate should have Basic Security Officer’s Course. Basic education and Training. Registered with Psira. A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in government premises. Knowledge of control and access to public premises Act 53 of 1985. Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of 85 of 1993. Knowledge of MISS, & Psira Act 56 of 2001). Knowledge of emergency procedures in the workplace.
- Perform access control functions which will include the following: determine whether visitors have appointments/ or the service that the visitor requires. Contact the relevant employee to confirm the appointment or refer the visitor to the relevant service delivery point. Complete or ensure that the admission control documents/cards as required. Escort visitors to relevant employee/venues where required. Operate X-ray machines where applicable. Lock and unlock entrances. Identify suspicious conduct.
- Identify suspicious conduct. Ensure that unauthorized persons and dangerous objects do not enter the building/premises. Follow-up incidents. Ensure safety in the building and the premises. This will include following; undertake building/premises patrols identify and check; that doors are locked or unlocked as required; water leaks and that taps are closed; fire hazards, exposed electrical contact and other fire hazards emanating from for instance chemicals; lights, switch on and off as required; and suspicious objects and packages. Apply emergency procedures (in situations like bomb scares, riots etc) and alert emergency services and department security management. Ensure that all assets do not leave or enter the building or premises unauthorized.
- This will include the following tasks: ensure that all assets which leave the premises are accompanied by pass-out; inspect vehicles entering and leaving the premises; gather information and report on missing and stolen equipment and stores; handle documents at points of entry according to classification and the prescripts. Ensure all incidents are recorded in the occurrence books/registers.
- Applications should be submitted manually online at http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za, using new Z83 form obtainable from any Public Service Department or the internet www.dpsa.gov.za/documents accompanied by a detailed CV only. Certified copies of qualifications and other supporting documents will be required from shortlisted candidates. Please note that due to a large number of applications expected, applications will therefore not be acknowledged in writing. Be assured that your applications are acknowledged with appreciation. The Department reserves the right to withdraw posts if by doing so, the interests of the Department will be best served.
Employer: Department of Sports Arts Culture and Recreation
Location: Head Office
Closing Date: 14-07-2023
|Do you have a Basic Security Officer’s Course / Training?|
|Are you Registered with Psira?|
|Do you have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in government premises as a security officer??|
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.