Table of Contents
SECURITY OFFICER X3
- Reference Number: refs/017545
- Directorate: SECURITY AND FACILITY MANAGEMENT
- Number of Posts: 3
- Package: R147 036.00 per annum plus service benefits
- Enquiries: Call Mr. Vuyo Sondo or Ms. Dolly Seboane 073 464 0234/ 066 156 6669 (During office hours 08:00am – 16:00pm)
- ABET / Grade 10 Certificate and Grade ‘’D’’ PSIRA or equivalent qualification. (Matric or Grade ‘’C’’ PSIRA qualification will be an added advantage). 1– 2 years’ experience in security operation. No criminal records or case pending against you. Be able to work independently and in a team. Willingness to work irregular hours and shifts (Day/Night including weekends and holidays) due to the nature of the job, be willing to be vetted. Knowledge and Skills: Knowledge of Security legislation, policies and Procedures, Public Service Regulations, Security Registers, Batho Pele Principles, MISS, Good customer management skills, good communication, interpersonal skills, and Problem-solving skills, Time management. Attributes: Discipline, Self-confidence, Meticulous, Flexible, Initiative, Ethical, Reliable, Independent.
- Perform access control functions. Provide escort to visitors and contractors while in the premises. Subject everyone entering the premises and their baggage to electronic search through metal detector and x-ray machine. Ensure safety of staff and visitors in the building and premises. Provide general and patrolling duties including in the parking area, searching of vehicles and checking of security duty points ensure all incidents are recorded in the occurrence book. Keep register of requests to open offices and report pattern to supervisor. Ensure that only authorized person access parking and register all visitors vehicles entering the premises. Ensure that all DCS assets leaving the building are registered and authorized by relevant sub directorate. Ensure that unauthorized persons and dangerous objects do not enter the building/premises and allow visitors/contractors into the building as per direction of security management.
- Gauteng DCS is an equal opportunity employer and gender sensitive employer, and it is its intention to promote retrospectivity in the Public Service through the filling of these posts. The Department committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity employment. In the filling of vacant posts, the objectives of section 195 (1) (i) of the Constitution of South Africa, 1996 (Act No: 108 of 1996), the Employment Equity imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act No: 55 of 1998) and relevant Human Resources Directives will be taken into consideration. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants must apply online at: www.gautengonline.gov.za / http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za.
- Applications must be submitted on new Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents (effective from 01 January 2021). All fields in Part A to D of the Z83 form must be completed, and Part E to G noting that there is limited space provided applicants often indicate “refer” to CV or see attached, this is acceptable as long as the CV is attached and provides the required information. If the information is not provided in the CV, the applicant may be disqualified. The question related to the conditions that prevent re-appointment under Part F must be answered. Declaration must be completed and signed. The fully completed and signed new Z83 form should be accompanied by a recently updated comprehensive CV only (only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies of qualifications). Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late, will not be considered. Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification.
- The Department of Community Safety reserves the right not to make an appointment and to use other recruitment processes. Candidate will be placed according to corridor coordination and the Department’s needs. The Department will not accept posted, emailed or hand delivered applications. people with disabilities are encourages to apply, and a confirmation of disabilities from a registered medical practitioner must be attached to the application. Volunteer structures must attach a CPF/Confirmation letter from relevant Authorities. PLEASE NOTE: Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Employer: Department of Community Safety
Closing Date: 14-07-2023
|Do you have ABET / Grade 10 Certificate?|
|Do you have a Grade ‘’D’’ PSIRA or equivalent qualification?|
|Do you have 1– 2 years’ of experience in security operations?|
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.