Table of Contents
Security Officer (Salary Level 3) (50 POSTS)
Appointment in accordance with the Public Service Act (Act No.103 of 1994) Level of Remuneration LEVEL 02: R124 434-00 per annum
Location and Reference Number:
PROVINCIAL AMOURERS PROVINCIAL SCM POLOKWANE SAPS GARAGE PROVINCIAL COMMISSIONER
LIM 35/2022 (3 POSTS)
LIM 36/2022 (6 POSTS)
LIM 37/2022 (3 POSTS)
LIM 38/2022 (6 POSTS)
LIM 39/2022 (12 POSTS)
LIM 40/2022 (4 POSTS)
LIM 41/2022 (3 POSTS)
LIM 42/2022 (6 POSTS)
LIM 43/2022 (7 POSTS)
REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must display competency in the post-specific core functions of the post; Be fluent in at least two of the official languages, of which one must be English; Be a South African Citizen; Must have no previous criminal / departmental convictions or criminal / departmental cases pending; Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint verification; Be in possession of a Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or National Certificate (Vocational) recorded on the National Learner Record Database on NQF level 4; Registration with the Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA); Be in possession of at least a Grade C security certificate or higher; Not declared unfit to possess a fire-arm; Be willing to undergo firearm competency training; Be willing to maintain firearm competency; Must have no criminal record or pending criminal / departmental cases; Degree / Diploma in the field of security will be an added advantage; Relevant courses in the field of the post as well as valid ddriver’s license for at least a light motor vehicle will serve as an advantage; Be willing to work shifts and extended hours.
DUTIES: Execute Access Control in terms of the Control of Access to Public Premises and Vehicles Act (Act No. 53 of 1985); Positive identification of employees, visitors and contractors at the security access point; Registering of employees, visitors and contractors, electronic searching of employees, visitors and contractors; Authorize entry in to the premises to employees, visitors and contractors after complying with all the legislative requirements, confirm visits with the hosts and ensure escort in line with the prescripts; Issue admission control cards to visitors and receive them back; Keep the necessary visitor’s register; Check suppliers, articles and objects, where necessary, before they are allowed to be brought into the premises to ensure that the safety of the premises will not be threatened; Patrol buildings and fenced- off areas; Guard vehicles and equipment in the field – ONLY from a security point of view; Check all security equipment and facilities and take action, when necessary; Bring any deficiencies or problems with regard to security matters to the attention of senior security personnel.
- Only the official application form (available on the SAPS website (www.saps.gov.za) and at SAPS Police Stations) will be accepted. The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
- ‘’Note” the advert in line with Circular 19 of 2022 (application are not submitting of attachments/proof/ID/Driver’s license/qualifications on application, applicants are submitting SAPS official form and Curriculum Vitae) (CV ONLY)
- The copies do not have to be certified and original documentation must be produced during the selection process as requested.
EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT OF POSTS FOR APPOINTMENT PURPOSES IN TERMS OF THE PUBLIC SERVICE ACT, 1994 (ACT 103 OF 1994): 2022/2023 FINANCIAL YEAR: PROVINCE: LIMPOPO
- Qualifications and driver’s licenses submitted will be subjected to verification checking with the relevant institutions. The South African Police Service will verify the residential address of applicants and conduct reference checks.
- Appointments will be made in terms of the Public Service Act, 1994 (ACT NO. 103 OF 1994): as applicable to the post environment.
- Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
- The closing date for applications is 2022-11-25.
- If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a
personal interview as well as a practical assessment.
- Reference checking will be conducted on all short-listed applicants.
- Short-listed candidates for appointment to certain identified posts, will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the Children’s Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005). A candidate, whose particulars appear in either the National Register for Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register, will be disqualified from appointment to that post.
- All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after the advertisement thereof.
- The SAPS application forms can be obtained from any SAPS Recruitment Office within the South African Police Service.
Hand-delivered applications may No. 44 Schoeman Street, Polokwane, and 3RD Floor Office 315 & 316 Landbank Building.
Applications forwarded by post to be addressed to: Provincial Head Human Resource Management: South African Police Service
Private Bag X9428
Enquiries can be directed to: Lt Colonel Kobe/ PPO Nemaguvhuni, PPO Manoko, PO Kola or PO Mphela at: (015) 290 6094 / 6024 /6026/ 6131
G-I1. Copy for your information.