SECURITY OFFICER (5 POSTS)
- Package: R 122 595.00 to R 144 411.00 per annum (plus benefits)
- Enquiries : ENQUIRIES: Mr. Moreroa, Tel No: (012) 318 6900
- closing date 8 June 2021 @12pm
- Grade 10 with 3-5 years experience or Grade 12 with 1-2 years’ security experience. (original certified school report of not more than 6 months). A valid Grade C PSIRA certificate. Twelve (12) months of proven experience in a hospital environment will be an added advantage. A valid driver’s licence will be an added advantage. Ability to work under pressure, independently and with a team. Willingness to rotate, work shifts (including weekends and public holidays) and extended hours. Knowledge of the Firearm Control Act, Control of Access to public Premises and Vehicles Act, PSIRA Act and Trespass Act. Knowledge in dealing with the public. Ability to communicate well with people at different levels and from different backgrounds. High level of reliability. Ability to handle confidential information. Sound verbal and written communication skills. Good telephone etiquette and interpersonal skills. Should not have a criminal record. Knowledge and application of the Batho-Pele Principles.
- Guarding and patrolling. Ensure that all visitors and members of staff vehicles are parked at appropriate parking bays. Searching of missing or absconded patients. Fire prevention, reporting of defects, safeguarding and securing of hospital assets, members of staff and the public. Check around the buildings at regular intervals for suspicious persons, objects and report incidents to the Chief Security Officer. Access control and searching of both vehicles and pedestrians. Operate and maintain security equipment and systems. Escort patients, visitors and contractors. Assist with queue management. Assist with the restraining of patients. Clamping of incorrectly parked vehicles. Implementation of security policies and procedures. Perform other duties as allocated by the Chief Security Officer.
- APPLICATIONS: Medical surveillance will be conducted on the recommended applicants, at no cost. People with disabilities are welcome to apply. Applications must be filled on a new Z83 form effective from 1 January 2021 accompanied by a CV highlighting or stating the requirements mentioned above; and certified copies of ID and qualifications. Applicants must indicate the post reference number on their applications. Failure to submit the required documents will result in the application not being considered. Qualifications of candidates recommended for appointment will be verified. Persons in possession of a foreign qualification must furnish the Department with an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Candidates will be subjected to a security screening and vetting process Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted. The Department reserves the right to not make an appointment. Candidates will be expected to be available for selection interviews on the date, time and place determined by the Department. Applications must be submitted to: Kalafong Provincial Tertiary Hospital, Human Resource Department, Private Bag X396, Pretoria, 0001. Hand Delivery at Kalafong Security Gate and sign in register book or apply online at www.gautengonline.gov.za. PLEASE NOTE: The Public Service does not charge any fees for applying for posts. Should you be asked for a fee, please let the authorities know.
Employer: Department of Health
Location: Kalafong Provincial Tertiary Hospital
Closing Date: 08-06-2021
|Are you registered with PSIRA?|
|Do you have Grade C Security Certificate?|
|Do you have Grade 10 with 3-5 years experience or Grade 12 with 1-2 years’ security experience?|
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.