- Reference Number : REFS/012381
- Directorate : Maintenance
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R 122 595.00 per annum (plus benefits).
- Enquiries : Mr. Vincent Chakane Tel: 076 521 3372/012 338 3300
- Basic Security Officer’s course/Basic Education and Training (NQF level 3). COMPETENCIES: Knowledge of GPG and DID policies and procedures. Knowledge of the access control procedures. Knowledge of measures for the control and movement of equipment and stores. Knowledge of prescribed security procedures (e.g., MIS, NISA, Protection of Information Act, etc.) and the authority of security officers under these documents. Knowledge of the relevant emergency procedures. SKILLS- Verbal and written communication. Customer management. Interpersonal relations. Problem solving skills. ATTRIBUTES: Responsive. Reliable. Friendly. Customer-oriented. COMPETENCIES: Knowledge of GPG and DID policies and procedures. Knowledge of the access control procedures. Knowledge of measures for the control and movement of equipment and stores. Knowledge of prescribed security procedures (e.g., MIS, NISA, Protection of Information Act, etc.) and the authority of security officers under these documents. Knowledge of the relevant emergency procedures. SKILLS- Verbal and written communication. Customer management. Interpersonal relations. Problem solving skills. ATTRIBUTES: Responsive. Reliable. Friendly. Customer-oriented.
- Determine whether visitors have appointments/or the service that the visitors require. Contact the relevant employee to confirm the appointment or refer the visitor to the relevant service delivery point. Complete or ensure that the admission control register is controlled, and issue control documents/ cards as required. Escort visitors to the relevant employee/venues where required. Operate X-Ray machine in the performance of access control to detect unauthorized and dangerous equipment (e.g., firearms and knives) where required. Utilize walk-through metal detector for the effectiveness of access control. Ensure that unauthorized persons and dangerous objects do not enter the buildings/premises. Perform proper lockup for all offices and access points. Identify suspicious conduct. Follow up on incidents. Report all the identified security breaches and non-compliance to the Supervisor. Undertake building/premises patrol to identify and check that doors and locked and unlocked as required, that water leaks and taps are closed, fire hazards, exposed electrical contacts and other fire hazards emanating from for instance chemicals, lights, switch on and off as required. Apply emergency procedures (in situations like bomb scares, riots etc.) and alert emergency and services department management. Monitor and respond to alarm system. Execute proper administration of registering and handling of firearms. Complete or ensure that registers to control the movement of equipment, stores and documents are completed. Ensure that no equipment, stores and assets of the department leave the building/ premises unauthorized. Inspect vehicles entering and leaving the premises. Gather information and report on missing or stolen equipment and stores. Handle documents at point of entry according to classification and the prescripts. Ensure that all incidents are recorded in the occurrence book/registers. Monitor all movements, events, and activities within the department’s premises using CCTV equipment. Ensure that security system is in good working condition. Immediately report all incidents monitored, report to the supervisor. Monitor all access points for effective access control. Report all identified non-compliance to security policy and procedures to improve office security.
- NOTES: This advert is internal (within the Department) and external (within Gauteng Province). This advert is to attract applicants within the geographical area of Tshwane To apply for the above position, please apply online at http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za Only online applications will be considered and for general enquiries please contact Human Resource on 072 668 0029/076 521 4118. Application should be accompanied by the new Z83 form, comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) as well as certified copies of qualifications not older than 06 months, Identity and valid driver’s license (where driving/travelling is an inherent requirement of the job). It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender and disability) in the Public Service through the filling of this post and candidates whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity will receive preference. It is the Department’s intention to promote equity through the filling of all numeric targets as contained in the Employment Equity Plan. To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of race, gender and disability status is required. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The Department reserves the right not to appoint. Disabled people are encouraged to apply. If you do not receive any response from us within 3 months, please accept your application was unsuccessful.
Employer : Department of Infrastructure Development
Location : Tshwane District Maintenance Hub
Closing Date : 25-11-2021
|Do you have a Basic Security Officer’s course/Basic Education and Training (NQF level 3)?|
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.