SECURITY GUARD (3 POSTS)
- Reference Number: refs/008692
- Directorate: DEPARTMENT LOGISTIC SUPPORT
- Number of posts: 3
- Package: R 122 595.00 -R 144 411.00
- Enquiries: Ms. TR Mashilo Tel No: 012 529 3430
- A minimum qualification of Grade 10 or Abet Level 4 with 5 year’s experience in the security environment. Grade 12 and Grade B & A, Diploma/Degree in security (NQF Level 6) will be added advantage. Minimum Grade C Security Certificate. Current Registration with PSIRA. Ability to work under pressure. Conflict resolution and negotiation skills. Report writing skills. Knowledge of security, Labour Relations, and other legislation applicable to security, including MPSS. Knowledge of Batho Pele principles. Knowledge on Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1997. Knowledge of Fire Arms Control Act, Knowledge of Health and Safety Act, and Fire Prevention. Willingness to work shifts and extends hours.
- Guarding and patrolling. Searching for missing patients, fire prevention, and reporting of defects. Securing assets, staff, patients, and visitors within the hospital. Handle violent patients. Escort visitors/contracts. Shift work. Maintain security measures. Perform any other delegated duties by the supervisor. Ensure compliance with National Core Standards.
- NB: THE CLOSING TIME WILL BE 12H00 ON THE CLOSING DATE. The Provincial Government of Gauteng is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity in employment, especially of race, gender, and disability. Applications must be submitted on a new updated Z83 form obtainable from any Public Service Department or from the website and must be completed in full, failure to do so will result in your application being not considered. Recently certified copies of qualifications, ID copy, and a CV must be attached. The specific reference must be quoted. Applications can be delivered to: Dr. George Mukhari Academic Hospital, 3111 Setlogelo Drive, Ga-Rankuwa, 0208 Nurses Home Block 13(HR Registry) or posted to: Dr. George Mukhari Academic Hospital, Private Bag X422, Pretoria 0001 or Apply online at www.gautengonline.gov.za.It is a legislative requirement that all newly appointed staff members are subjected to Personnel Suitability Check(PSC)- Verification, upon appointment within the department. This verification process entails reference checks, identity verification, qualification verification, criminal records checks. Successful candidates will be subjected to OHS medical surveillance as required by HBA regulations within OHS Act 85 of 1993.
Employer: Department of Health
Location: DR GEORGE MUKHARI ACADEMIC HOSPITAL
Closing Date: 11-05-2021
|Do you have a minimum of 5 year’s experience in a security environment?|
|Do you have a minimum qualification of Grade 10 or Abet Level 4|
|Are you currently registered with PSIRA.|
|Do you have a minimum of Grade C, B&A Security Certificate|
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.