POST 08/10: SECRETARY
REF NO: 11/19
SALARY: R163 563 per annum (Level 05)
CENTRE: Personnel Service School, Thaba Tshwane
- A minimum of Grade 12 with typing as a subject or any other training course/qualification that will enable the person to perform the work satisfactorily.
- Special requirements (skills needed): computer Literacy.
- Language proficiency in English (written and verbal).
- Good telephone etiquette. Ability to handle variety of tasks and able to work under pressure.
- Good inter-personal skills, adaptability and resourcefulness.
- High level of reliability to act with tact and discretion.
- Good communication skills and time management.
- Be presentable, reliable and punctual.
- Render effective and efficient secretarial services to the commandant.
- Take minutes in commandant’s meetings.
- Typing of variety of documents, including agendas, memos, letters, and reports.
- Handle and maintain the Commandant’s diaries, correspondence, controls files, process telephone calls and take messages. Arrange entry authorisations, receiving visitors and serving tea/refreshments. Arrange meetings, appointments, flights, accommodation and transport.
- Act as a secretary when required.
- Ensure the commandant receives agendas and minutes timeously.
- Administer substance and travel allowances for the commandant.
- Remind the commandant of the scheduled meetings and 10 appointments and submission of documents.
- Ensure the office is tidy and inventory is maintained and updated.
- Ensure faulty and malfunctioning equipment in the office are reported.
- Receive, register, route and file correspondence accordingly (i.e. agendas, minutes etc.).
Commander T.C. Mhlongo Tel No: (012) 674 4695 Lieutenant Commander M.E. Munyai Tel No: (012) 674 4767
Department of Defence, Personnel Service School, Private Bag X1024, Thaba Tshwane, 0143 or may be hand delivered to no: 7 Andries Pretorius Street, Thaba Tshwane, Pretoria.
CLOSING DATE: 15 March 2019 (Applications received after the closing date and faxed copies will not be considered).
The advertisement(s) contained herein is/are meant for the attention/perusal of all interested job seekers, whether they are serving employees/officials of the DOD/Public Service, unemployed persons or persons employed outside the Public Service. Persons not employed by the DOD/Public Service are encouraged to apply for the vacancies advertised in this circular. Applications must be submitted on the prescribed form Z83 (obtainable from any Public Service department), which must be originally signed and dated by the applicant and which must be accompanied by a detailed CV (with full particulars of the applicants’ training, qualifications, competencies, knowledge & experience) and clear certified copies of original educational qualification certificates, ID document and Driver’s license (where applicable). Failure to comply with the above instructions will result in applications being disqualified. Applicants applying for more than one post must submit a separate form Z83 (as well as the documentation mentioned above) in respect of each post being applied for. If an applicant wishes to withdraw an application it must be done in writing. Should an application be received where an applicant applies for more than one post on the same applications form, the application will only be considered for the first post indicated on the application and not for any of the other posts. Under no circumstances will photostat copies or faxed copies of application documents be accepted. The successful candidates will be subjected to Personnel Suitability Checks (criminal record-, citizenship- & financial/asset record checks and qualification and employment verification). Successful candidates will also be subjected to security clearance processes. Applicants who do not receive confirmation or feedback within 3 (three) months after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Due to the large volume of responses anticipated, receipt of applications will not be acknowledged and correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. For more information on the job description(s) please contact the person indicated in the post details. Successful candidates will be appointed on probation for the period of twelve (12) months in terms of the prescribed rules.
NB: please share this with WhatsApp!