POST 04/91: SECRETARY TO THE DIRECTOR: REGULATION
REF NO: 150219/18
Branch: Chief Operations Office Dir: Regulation
SALARY: R163 563 per annum (Level 05)
- Grade 12 certificate and a Certificate in Secretariat Services.
- Good people skills and sound organisational skills. High level of reliability.
- Knowledge of 66 administrative procedures. Knowledge of secretarial duties.
- Computer literacy (Ms Excel, Ms Word and PowerPoint).
- Basic Financial management and knowledge of PFMA.
- People and Diversity Management.
- Client orientation and customer focus.
- Accountability and ethical conduct.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and handle confidential matters.
- One (1) to (2) years’ experience in secretarial duties and general administration.
- Provide a secretarial / receptionist support service to the Director.
- Administers matters like leave registers and telephone accounts.
- This will enter alia, entail the following: receives telephone call and refer the calls to the correct role players if not meant for the relevant Manager.
- Records appointments and events in the Diary of the Director.
- Type documents for the Director and other staff within the unit.
- Operate office equipment like fax machines and photocopies. Provide a clerical support to the Director. This will entail, enter alia, the following: Liaise with travel agencies to make travel arrangements. Arrange meetings and events for the Director and staff in the unit.
- Process travel and subsistence claims for the unit. Process all invoices that emanate from the activities of the work of the Director.
- Record basic minutes of the meetings of the manager when required.
- Handle the procurement of standard items like stationery, etc. Remains up to date with regard to prescripts / policies and procedures applicable to the Director’s work to ensure efficient and effective support to the Director.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Nyalunga GH, Tel No: 013-759 7314
APPLICATIONS: Mpumalanga (Mbombela): Please forward your applications quoting the relevant reference number to: The Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X 11259, Mbombela 1200, or hand deliver to the Department of Water and Sanitation at the reception ground floor, Prorom Building, 35 Brown Street – Corner Brown & Paul Kruger Streets, Mbombela.
ATTENTION: Mr MJ Nzima
CLOSING DATE: 15 February 2019
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity document. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Preference will be given to previously disadvantage groups. Successful applicants will be required to undergo standard Government security clearance procedures including verification of qualifications. Should you be in a possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation from South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the posts. People who are not employed by the Public Service Departments are welcomed to apply for posts. The department reserves the right not to make an appointment. The candidate must be medically fit.