Sasol | Snr Artisan – Electro Mechanic 11kv (3 Posts)
Job Reg Id: 87384
Operating Model Entity: Sasol Mining, Sigma
Geographical Area: Freestate
Closing date: 14 March 2021
Sasol Mining operates six coal mines that supply feedstock for our Southern African integrated value chain. The coal supplied to Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) is mainly used as gasification feedstock and some is used to generate electricity. The coal supplied to Sasolburg Operations (SO) is used to generate electricity and steam. We also export coal from the Twistdraai Export Plant to international power generation customers via the Richards Bay Coal Terminal.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
An Artisan/Senior Artisan is responsible for the management of the maintenance process in the area of responsibility, to enable mining teams to reach production targets within the principles of the QCDSM.
- Manage control and maintain equipment in area of responsibility
- Safety management and risk assessment
- Ensure that COPs and SOPs are understood and adhered to
- Identify ISO standards
- Accurate and realistic maintenance and overall plan and budget
- Ensure maximum availability and reliability of equipment
- Conformance to all legal statutory and Sasol requirements
- Provide specific expertise and in-section coaching and training and complex repairs
- Evaluate personnel training needs schedule for training
- Coach sub-ordinates towards requirements for next highest level
- REQUIREMENTS: Qualifications and expertise required (Must)
- National Senior Certificate / Full N3 / NCV Level 4 with Maths, Science, and English/ Business English
- NQF4 Trade Test (Electro Mechanic/Millwright)
- 11KV experience
- Valid Red Ticket
- First Aid certificate
- 2 to 5 years of experience as Electro Mechanic
- Underground Coal Mining Experience and 11kv will be to your advantage.
- High voltage switching as well as overhead lines experience
- Flameproof Certificate will be to your advantage
- Gas Testing (Fiery Mines) will be to your advantage
In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment, as part of the normal pre-employment selection criteria.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: Competencies (skills, knowledge and characteristics)
- Team building and coaching skills
- Ability to plan, co-ordinate and control all activities
- Ability to drive QCDSM
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate
- Conceptual ability
- Problem solving and decision making
- Strategic planning
- Risk Assessment
Self-Mastery: Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
Please note that the Sasol Group/ Sasol Mining will never request you to make cash deposits/ payments as part of the recruitment process.