4 January, 2022
SASOL | Bursary / Scholarship Opportunities 2022
Closing Date: 23 September 2023
The scarcity of talent in South Africa and globally make it essential for Sasol to ensure continuous availability of skills to sustain our growth. The Sasol programmes for South African youth are a critical talent lever to enable us to meet our strategic and transformation talent objectives.
Sasol has established a reputation in the market as an employer of choice and has been voted Employer of Choice in the Chemicals and Energy sector, by graduates on the SAGEA employer survey for five consecutive years.
- Funza Lushaka Teaching Bursary 2019/2020 (1)
- City of Polokwane Bursary Opportunity 2020 (1)
- PSG BURSARY OPPORTUNITY 2022 (1)
- Clicks Foundation Bursary Programme 2021 (1)
To date, Sasol has various programmes that enable the development of scholars and graduates.
South African Bursary Programme (Applications open until 23 September 2021)
The Sasol Bursary programme comprises a comprehensive package that covers both financial as well as developmental support throughout the study period. Bursaries awarded are for full-time university studies in engineering and science. Upon successful completion of the study period, students may be employed within the Sasol Group through our Graduate Development Programme. The Sasol Bursary Programme comprises:
- Undergraduate Bursaries – For candidates wishing to pursue bachelor’s degrees in engineering or science, this level includes honours degrees in our context.
- University of Technology Bursaries – For candidates wishing to pursue diplomas or B. Eng. Tech. degrees at the University of Technology.
- Postgraduate Bursaries – For candidates either who are completing or have completed degrees, wishing to pursue a Master’s or Doctorate study in Science or Engineering.
Sasol Foundation Bursary Programme (Next intake to be confirmed)
The Sasol Foundation offers all-inclusive bursaries to talented individuals who are planning to study full-time towards an undergraduate or postgraduate degree or diploma to pursue STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) including health sciences and non-STEM careers.
Sasol Graduate Development Programme (Applications open until 15 September 2021)
The Sasol Graduate Development Programme is a corporate initiative that ensures that all graduates in the different disciplines conform to a high level of uniform standards in terms of orientation, training, development and exposure to the business processes. This programme is exclusively for our engineer/scientist in training candidates. Sasol offers graduates an intensive 36-month long development programme that is rated one of the best in South Africa.
Sasol Vacation Work (Next intake to be confirmed)
Sasol provides students with the opportunity to obtain practical work experience related to their field of study, as required by the tertiary institution in order to complete the applicable degree. These opportunities are for vacation work that takes place from December to January each year.
Sasol YES Programme (Next intake to be confirmed)
The YES programme is a business-led collaboration with the government. YES seeks to reduce youth unemployment across private and public sectors. The aim is to enable more youth to develop new skills and gain meaningful workplace experience, which will in turn significantly improve their chances of finding long-term employment.
At Sasol, more than 400 previously unemployed youth have been provided with an opportunity to gain work experience through the Sasol YES programme.
If you have what it takes to become part of this exciting team, the Sasol programmes for South African youth are ready to change your life.
- All applications should be submitted before the close of business of the application closing date.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Applications by e-mail and/or not submitted via the Sasol bursaries website will not be considered