14 January, 2022
SARS | SAP Functional ( Tax Revenue Management/ PSCD) (x2)
Position Reports to : Manager: SAP Functional
Division: TSD: SAP (Technical Services)
Location: Head Office – Pretoria
Closing Date: 23 January 2022
With constant technological changes, we are looking for an incumbent that will be agile in their approach to their work/tasks. The incumbent must be self-motivated, motivate others and with strong analytical skills. The incumbent must have strong background and knowledge of the SAP TRM/PSCD system in order to support and provide solutions to business needs and requirements. The incumbent must be self and results-driven.
To support clients with high complexity requirement analysis and systems configuration, implementation, and support of respective SAP modules i.e. FICA, PSCD, TRM and FI. This role uses consulting skills, business knowledge, and SAP solution experience to effectively integrate SAP technology into the client’s business environment in order to achieve client expected business results.
Education and experience
Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) Fields: Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, B‐Com, Finance, Management, Accounting and Engineering AND at least 5 years’ experience in relevant SAP environment/module (SAP FICA, PSCD, TRM and FI), of which a minimum 2 years at functional specialist level
Diploma NQF 6 in : Information Technology, Information systems, Computer Science, B‐Com, Finance, Management, Accounting and Engineering AND at least 6 – 7 years’ experience in relevant SAP environment/module (SAP FICA, PSCD, TRM and FI), of which a minimum of 3 – 4 years, ideally at operation specialist level
Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND at least 10 years related SAP FICA, PSCD, TRM and FI experience
- Perform high complex tasks during the implementation and support of various SAP modules to enhance the business functionality and overall performance, while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Carry out high complex assignments requiring the development of new or improved procedure
- Analyse requirements, perform configuration enhancements, and testing in various SAP Modules such as Finance, Human Resources, Procurement, Revenue Management, Governance, Application Lifecycle Management, cloud solutions, etc.
- Analyse the current business processes and scenarios of the client and recommend/develop solutions to meet the clients need
- Support the successful implementation of SAP applications, providing functional expertise, presentation, and advice on SAP products to clients.
- Perform in-depth analysis of the current business processes and scenarios of the client then recommend or configure solutions to meet the client’s needs according to industry best practices.
- Acts as liaison with client for troubleshooting: investigate, analyze, and solve SAP-related application problems and map client business requirements, processes and objectives and develop necessary product modifications to satisfy clients’ needs.
- Incident Resolution for severity 2 and 3 issues and assist with Business escalations for issues raised
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the organization and adhere to all organizational standards
- Provide guidance and leadership to junior resources within the area of work/expertise
- Ensure that completed work adhere to relevant policies, procedures, governance and legislative requirements and report on deviations & discrepancies.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and SARS role players to achieve predefined objectives.
- Accumulate information to review work progress that provides input to reporting, decision making and the identification of improvement opportunities.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgment of work outputs and queries in area of specialization.
- Correctly apply policies, practices, standards, procedures and legislation in the delivery of work outputs.
- Draw on own knowledge and experience to diagnose symptoms, causes and possible effects in order to solve emerging problems.
- Initiate process and procedural change, implement the change and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change.
- Plan for value-added process improvements, initiatives and services to deliver on operational strategy and objectives.
- Execute specialist input through investigation & opportunities within the production process including risk concerns.
- Provide specialist input through the investigation of opportunities for operational and process product and risk optimization.
- Maintain professional interaction and ensure ethical dealings with stakeholders at all times.
- Integrate new knowledge attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your role.
- Drive own performance & provide specialist support & advice to achieve specified objectives against required targets, deadlines and quality standards.
- Integrate new knowledge attained through formal and informal learning opportunities and apply in the execution of your job. Search for, integrate and share new knowledge attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your job.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and team members to achieve predefined objectives.
- Implement and provide input into the development of governance, compliance, integrity and ethics processes within the area of specialization.
- Adhere to organizational policies and procedures to ensure cost-effectiveness and reduction of financial costs.
- Adhere to specified standards, policies and procedures (SOPs) to prevent wastage on resources and escalate associated risks
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunities for feedback and exceptional service.
- Provide authoritative, specialist services, expertise and advice to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure client satisfaction by delivering a service that is consistent, seamless and error-free.
- Provide authoritative, specialist expertise and advice to internal and external customers.
- GOC Confidential
The Employment Equity policy of SARS will be considered as part of the recruitment and selection process and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an oath of secrecy, pre-employment screening and or vetting, and a declaration of private interest. The appointment is also subject to appropriate reference(s) and security clearance where applicable.