SARS: Integration Designer 2022
Position Reports to Manager: Information Technology Service
Division: Technology and Solutions Delivery
Location: Head Office – Pretoria
Closing Date: 30th November 2021
SARS is looking for a problem solver, with deep design/analyst experience in the emerging and current Integration Technologies and a strong analytic ability as well as future orientation, we need you. As a specialist integration designer and a complex integration problem solver, s/he should be skilled in analysing business and functional Requirements and translating them into integration solutions that are effective to immediate needs and as well future-proved to ensure effectiveness thereof in the future. S/he should be an independent leader with the ability to build and work within and with other SARS enterprise project management and other teams. S/he has to be self-driven, innovative, and have the burning desire to contribute to the integration body of knowledge. Executed effectively, this role will create the capability within SARS integration design team to achieve its operational excellence as well as the desire to contribute towards the integration body of knowledge.
The main purpose of this role is to provide Integration Design expertise within projects, programmes and other technology initiatives that solve complex business and integration problems to enable the projects to achieve their respective mandates. The role also includes the production of technical integration artefacts and other related technical components critical to the overall functioning of an integration solution. Working closely with the business, enterprise project management team, enterprise architecture, development, testing and production support teams to ensure efficient delivery of project work required from the integration design perspective. The Specialist: Integration Designer role falls within Technology and Service Delivery.
Education and experience
Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) and 5 – 7 years’ experience in a similar environment, of which 2 – 3 years ideally at functional specialist level
Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND Relevant IT Qualification / Certification – UML, SOA Certification, TOGAF, ITIL, COBIT, PMP or similar Project Management Cortication AND 5-7 years’ experience in a similar environment
Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 10 years’ Integration Designer experience
- Accumulate information to review work progress that provides input to reporting, decision making and the identification of improvement opportunities.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation.
- Correctly apply policies, practices, standards, procedures and legislation in the delivery of work outputs.
- Draw on own knowledge and experience to diagnose symptoms, causes and possible effects in order to solve emerging problems.
- Initiate process and procedural change, implement the change and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change.
- Plan for value-added process improvements, initiatives and services to deliver on operational strategy and objectives.
- Execute specialist input through investigation &opportunities within the production process including risk concerns.
- Provide specialist input through the investigation of opportunities for operational and process product and risk optimisation.
- To attend Project meetings especially those essential to the designing of the Integration Solution.
- To produce all required Integration Design Artefacts that includes Logical Integration Document (LID), Technical Integration Document (TID), Schemas or related Data contracts, mapping documents assigned to them by senior resources.
- To identify Risks and recommend Risk mitigation and manage Risk related to Integration Design Delivery.
- To resolve complex Integration Design issues and conduct completed staff work that involves weighing alternatives in complex problems. Update the ICC Service Inventory when required with all required service-related information.
- To conduct troubleshooting on ESB Transaction Log on request.
- To send project-related communication and any other communication required in the Integration Design team.
- To support Senior Resources with any other Integration Design task assigned to them.
- To participate in internal review Initiatives that include Process Improvement initiatives, strategic initiatives, and present solutions to internal SARS review Boards when requested.
- Responsible for overall Integration designs deliverables for the assigned domains within Integration.
- Responsible for representing respective Integration domain at Project and/or programme meetings that include Project schedule, Solution Architecture, Business Requirement Specification, Functional Spec review sessions, bug meetings, war-room, etc.
- Expected to be able to influence through communication plus ability to make complex decisions.
- To be responsible for raising and communicating project and Production Fixes issues, highlighting project risks and escalating the issues for resolution where required.
- Responsible for making presentations on project issues and solution recommendations at management and project teams
- Accountable for delivery of the Logical Integration Design (LID) document, Schemas, Mapping documents, Technical Integration Document (TID) and any other required Integration Design artefact.
- Responsible for conducting LID review sessions to the Project team as well as handing over Integration Design artefacts to the internal Integration Development team.
- Responsible for strategic thinking within on domain around areas of efficiency, quality and innovation.
- Contribute towards providing expertise testing support at project/programme level as well as Prod-Fixes.
- Responsible for issue identification during testing and Production as well as making fixes required to remedy problems.
- Provide a clear and timely account of issues as well as mitigating factors to prevent such from happening again.
- Expected to participate in Internal Review initiative to review as well as contribute to the internal body of knowledge and improvements.
- Search for, integrate and share new knowledge attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your job.
- Drive own performance and development in order to achieve and improve on work outputs in line with required response time, quality and service delivery standards.
- Comply to set governance and compliance procedures and processes related to an area of work and continuously identify and escalate risks..
- Adhere to specified policies, standards, legislation and procedures to prevent wastage on resources, unauthorised expenditure and wasteful expenditure and report violations.
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunities for feedback and exceptional service.
- Ensure client satisfaction by engaging and delivering a service that is consistent, seamless, and quick and error-free.
- GOC Confidential
The Employment Equity policy of SARS will be considered as part of the recruitment and selection process and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an oath of secrecy, pre-employment screening and or vetting, and a declaration of private interest. The appointment is also subject to appropriate reference(s) and security clearance where applicable.