SARB: CA Traineeship Opportunity 2021
Closing Date: 30 September 2020
Duration of the program: Three years.
The SARB invites innovative and talented applicants to apply for its 2021 Chartered Accountant training program.
The role of the SARB
The SARB serves the economic well-being of South Africans through maintaining price and financial stability. It is responsible for regulating the South African financial sector, designing and distributing banknotes and coin, management of interest rates, setting the cash reserve requirement for banks, and ensuring the stability of both the banking sector and the wider financial system.
The aim of the program is to address the shortage of CAs in the SARB and in the country.
Trainees are given an opportunity to acquire the prescribed competencies of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA), reinforce prior academic education, and develop business acumen, life skills as well as professional and ethical values.
Format of the program
Trainees are placed on rotation in the various departments and subsidiaries of the Bank, thus obtaining practical experience and a good overview of the business of central banking.
SAICA Elective Competencies include:
- Management decision-making and control, and
- Internal Audit, Risk Management, and Governance.
To be considered, candidates must:
- have completed or be completing SAICA accredited:
- Certificate in the Theory of Accounting(CTA);
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting (PGDA) or an equivalent qualification;
- have an academic performance record average of at least 60%;
- be a South African citizen;
- have strong analytical skills and good communication skills; and
- be a curious and innovative individual.