SANTAM | Learnership Opportunity 2021
Closing Date: 28 September 2020
Location: Cape Town, Johannesburg, and Pretoria
Are you interested to start your professional career with the market leader in the general insurance industry in Southern Africa?
At Santam it is our desire to have as many young unemployed individuals as possible take up on this opportunity. This will present us with a valuable challenge of contributing to investing in our youth as the future of our economy and the country, in the best way we know how – Insurance Good and Proper. So please, spread the word, take up on this development opportunity, and put Santam to the test!
What will make you successful in this role?
- South African citizen
- Between the ages of 18 – 28
- Applicants must be in possession of a Grade 12 Certificate with:
- A minimum pass mark of 40% for English and a Second Language
- A minimum pass mark of 40% for Mathematics or minimum pass mark of 60% for Mathematics Literacy
- Applicants must not be studying with any other institutions while on the Learnership
- Applicants must not have been on a Short -Term Insurance Learnership through INSETA
- Persons with a disability must produce a medical note confirming the nature of the disability
- Applicants must not have more than 1-year work experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Record keeping; filing and maintenance of databases
- Data Collection and processing of transactions
- Reporting and Administration
- Quality; compliance and accreditation
- Business Process
- Services knowledge
- Communicates effectively – Contributing dependently
- Demonstrates self-awareness – Contributing dependently
- Plans and aligns – Contributing dependently
- Optimizes work processes – Contributing dependently
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development, and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realize their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
- Being resilient – Contributing dependently
- Collaborates – Contributing dependently
- Cultivates innovation – Contributing dependently
- Customer focus – Contributing dependently
- Drives results – Contributing dependently
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.